Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:16 AM   #21
dwalend

Default Re: New Ogre Software Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
How about some of these?
  1. Ogre Tactical Tracker
  2. Ogre Tactical Display
  3. Ogre Field Viewer
  4. Ogre Combat Simulator
Probably all but the last are fine as play aids. Double check with SJ Games before you share too much. http://www.sjgames.com/general/online_policy.html
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #22
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: New Ogre Software Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
Probably all but the last are fine as play aids. Double check with SJ Games before you share too much. http://www.sjgames.com/general/online_policy.html
Yeah, I should temper these with "using the word Ogre is probably suspect." Their online policy is fairly straightforward (and necessary) to follow.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #23
RoyT

Default Re: Ogre Tools

thanks for your input, i will add legal disclaimer text and make sjgames aware.

I thought about name of Ogre_ade (too cute?)

Got a sample windows program that loads the map and you can scroll around. Has one frozen sprite for a counter. Still some bug where map graphic goes haywire sometimes when scrolling. Will try another version where map goes left/right instead of top/down.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxI...ew?usp=sharing
(file size 14.1 mb)

Last edited by RoyT; 06-12-2015 at 09:30 PM.
RoyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:43 PM   #24
RoyT

Default Re: Ogre Ade

new version https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxI...ew?usp=sharing

1. much smaller 4.7mb; map display cleaner
2. better looking counter
3. single click any map hex and counter moves to that hex
4. splash page
5. legalese page

Last edited by RoyT; 06-17-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:37 PM   #25
RoyT

newest version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxI...ew?usp=sharing

Sorry been away on other projects. Also fighting with liberty basic to learn data file stuff and gui window creation...which leads to this new version!

This one uses 17 files, so there is now a setup.exe program to install it. Nothing fancy, all files must go into the same folder. The free setup program(inno) also allows create of start menu item and desktop shortcut. Also get windows uninstall support.

Now onto the new stuff!

1. After the legal mumbo-jumbo screen, there is now a new setup window (yay). Everything works. Some error checking done when the Next button is clicked. I hope the usage is reasonably clear. You choose a scenario, pick units from the left and point counters go up on the right. Total points currently selected appear at the top.

2. Better looking ogre icon on the map. (loading all the counters selected onto the map is also a future project).

Note: if the program crashes, please close the program and restart the computer to reclaim any allocated resources that have not been released.

setup file size 4.07 mb
application size 5.24 mb
application # files is 17 (not counting windows uninstall files)

Now, back to the slave mine!!!

Last edited by RoyT; 07-16-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #26
Toltrin

I have some tools I use to play my game.
I printed some maps I created onto cloth and made the hexagons a bit larger. The wonderful thing about cloth is that you can wash it and fold it in ways that would put permanent creases in paper maps.
It is true that paper is cheaper than cloth but cloth maps are just pure fun. Just ask Mike!
Another tool I use is CRT dice. But I think everyone on here has seen my version of this invention.
I also use a a cool dice tumbler.

Last edited by Toltrin; 07-21-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Toltrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #27
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyT View Post
newest version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxI...ew?usp=sharing

Sorry been away on other projects. Also fighting with liberty basic to learn data file stuff and gui window creation...which leads to this new version!

This one uses 17 files, so there is now a setup.exe program to install it. Nothing fancy, all files must go into the same folder. The free setup program(inno) also allows create of start menu item and desktop shortcut. Also get windows uninstall support.

Now onto the new stuff!

1. After the legal mumbo-jumbo screen, there is now a new setup window (yay). Everything works. Some error checking done when the Next button is clicked. I hope the usage is reasonably clear. You choose a scenario, pick units from the left and point counters go up on the right. Total points currently selected appear at the top.

2. Better looking ogre icon on the map. (loading all the counters selected onto the map is also a future project).

Note: if the program crashes, please close the program and restart the computer to reclaim any allocated resources that have not been released.

setup file size 4.07 mb
application size 5.24 mb
application # files is 17 (not counting windows uninstall files)

Now, back to the slave mine!!!
Just tried to download this and my virus detector went off. Suggest you check what you have linked. Indicated a Severe Trojan.

Last edited by Misplaced Buckeye; 03-02-2016 at 10:07 AM. Reason: more info
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:10 PM   #28
haos557

Sorry to ask here but I've been using an Ogre building tool that was a list of parts and the formulas for calculating the Ogre's cost. Sadly my cpu crashed and now the file is corrupt. Would anyone have an idea how to find it as I can't remember what it was called just that who ever typed it loaded it here in several parts.
haos557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:46 PM   #29
ianargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by haos557 View Post
Sorry to ask here but I've been using an Ogre building tool that was a list of parts and the formulas for calculating the Ogre's cost. Sadly my cpu crashed and now the file is corrupt. Would anyone have an idea how to find it as I can't remember what it was called just that who ever typed it loaded it here in several parts.
Well, there's the Cobb Formula for determining cost of most units in Ogre.
ianargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:13 AM   #30
tomc

Default Ogre Tools

Here's the link to download the new OgreMap, version 2.0.0.0:

https://sites.google.com/site/robots...ogremap2?pli=1

With it you can make your own maps for Ogre and GEV. New maps mean new scenarios which mean more fun for everybody.

It runs on Windows, and requires the Dot Net Framework 4 Client Profile, which should already be installed for Windows 7 and newer.

The zip file contains an exe and a pdf manual. The exe doesn't need an installer, just run it. Of course, you should always virus scan any exe you download from the internet. Even mine. :)

Notable improvements over the ancient first version include:
  • You can now save maps as image files (jpg, bmp, png, and gif)
  • You can now "paint" with the selected terrain instead of clicking every hex
  • Many additional terrain images

Known limitations:
  • Memory errors if the map gets too big for a Dot Net Image (100x100 or so) just click "continue" and make a smaller map
  • Mouse tracking is offset if editing at a zoom level other than "native"
  • Extra blank pages sometimes produced when printing (as you can see in the Print Preview window)

Enjoy!
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote