Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
cephalopagus

Default Vulcans and Friends counter sheets

Well now that ODE has been sold out for a while now will SJG ever offer the Vulcans and Friends counter sheets to those of us who did get in on that KS campaign? How about offering it in a different color so the original supporters still get their special thank you while the rest of us can finally get some Vulcans' drones and special forces countries?
cephalopagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:28 PM   #2
Mack_JB

Default Re: Vulcans and Friends counter sheets

I'm wondering if some Vulcans may not appear in the future "Battlefields" Kickstarter ....
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:13 PM   #3
cephalopagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
I'm wondering if some Vulcans may not appear in the future "Battlefields" Kickstarter ....
I hope so. Look I understand if you supported ODE you deserve a thank you. I didn't know about it until a couple of years after it closed. All I want is some kind of counter for the Vulcan and it's drones. Is that too much to ask?
Old 10-21-2018, 03:37 AM   #4
Izzy_B

They show up on eBay but of of all the sponsored sheets they Vulcan & Friends seems to be the most expensive.
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:49 AM   #5
cephalopagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy_B View Post
They show up on eBay but of of all the sponsored sheets they Vulcan & Friends seems to be the most expensive.
Yea last year I found some for $300 to $500 too much for me, just for card board. Now I have been even to find them at any price. So, I'm hoping that they finally re-release something for the rest of us.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:39 AM   #6
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopagus View Post
I hope so. Look I understand if you supported ODE you deserve a thank you. I didn't know about it until a couple of years after it closed. All I want is some kind of counter for the Vulcan and it's drones. Is that too much to ask?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
There's going to be two sources coming up soon. The first is the Ogre Minis 2nd Edition book. No Vulcan, but a set of 3D drones.

Re: Battlefields, the last time Drew dropped a teaser on us it sounds like it's going to be a good [but expensive] one. Vulcans, Ninjas, Drones, variant infantry [marines, HWT, engineers, etc], Fencer B, Mk.I, Maps G3 and S3, and stuff to blow up.

From "Ogre News", about this time last year:

Quote:
Transcript from an undercover source within CP [Fnord]

Voice #1 (voice pattern matched to Steve Jackson, High Command): "How are things going with Operation: Battlefields?"

Voice #2 (voice pattern matched to Drew Metzger, Regional Attaché): "We're making great progress, sir. The schematics are nearly finished, and I'm pleased to announce both Ninja have settled on their call signs: Fog and Night."

SJ: "Good. Somehow referring to them as Flower and Spyke didn't seem right. So what's the TO&E for this task force?"

DM: "Well, we haven't locked anything down, sir. There may still be changes as we progress . . . "

SJ: "At ease, soldier. I just want to know what the current status is for this op. It is understood that changes may occur."

DM: "We're looking at a completely updated manual, incorporating all rules of engagement for the new units and procedures. This includes the two aforementioned Ninja, a Vulcan with drones, Combat Engineers, Heavy Weapon Teams, Marines and Light Artillery Drones. There will be resources for entrenchments and revetments as well. We have requisitioned a Fencer-B and two Mark I Ogres for the group. Three radar stations are also allocated to the task force. These are new installations, sir. I think they will be well-received."

SJ: "Indeed. Although they'll probably end up as rubble like everything else."

DM: "Yes, sir. But they are new objectives nevertheless. Additionally, there will be cartographic analysis of regions G3 and S3. Finally, scenario support is anticipated focusing on both the new units as well as the strategic and tactical use of these two regions."

SJ: "Excellent! Thank you for the summary. We should have funding allocated by . . ."

Voice #3 (voice pattern matched to Phil Reed, High Command): "What are you two doing?! How many times do I have to tell you to close the door? You never know who might be listening . . ."

At this point the recording cuts off as the door to the command center was closed.

– Drew Metzger

(Post #14)
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/

Last edited by TheAmishStig; 10-21-2018 at 07:45 AM.
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:11 AM   #7
cephalopagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
There's going to be two sources coming up soon. The first is the Ogre Minis 2nd Edition book. No Vulcan, but a set of 3D drones.

Re: Battlefields, the last time Drew dropped a teaser on us it sounds like it's going to be a good [but expensive] one. Vulcans, Ninjas, Drones, variant infantry [marines, HWT, engineers, etc], Fencer B, Mk.I, Maps G3 and S3, and stuff to blow up.

From "Ogre News", about this time last year:
Andy,

Thanks for the update I must have missed that on Ogre News. Oh and great article.

Regards

Paul
Oh and I have a Mk. VIII on Ogre FB page let me know what you think about it.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:36 PM   #8
wolf90

Thanks Andy, for the assist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
Re: Battlefields
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes"

Stay tuned!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:30 AM   #9
cephalopagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post

Stay tuned!

D.
Thanks finally some Vulcans!
Old 10-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #10
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopagus View Post
Andy,

Thanks for the update I must have missed that on Ogre News. Oh and great article.

Regards

Paul
Oh and I have a Mk. VIII on Ogre FB page let me know what you think about it.
Oh hey Paul! Fair warning I'm pretty awful at tying screen names to real names so will probably forget in the near future, but fancy meeting you here.

I'm still dwelling on the Mk you'd put up...my initial reaction was to twinge at the plasma cannon rules, but want to give it a fair shake and it's been a supremely busy weekend. Sunday was a family reunion, and Saturday I didn't get home from a 1pm-5pm MIB appearance until late...when someone I was running the Munchkin CCG for needed a restroom/snack break we ended up meandering the store, conversing, and walking past a game of Bolt Action...which led to a conversation about wargaming, a small world moment [apparently he did re-enacting with my predecessor at the masonic lodge], Ogre came up, and he was so dead-set on getting to see it for himself we ended up playing until almost 7. Mutually assured destruction...the only thing that survived was a Howitzer and a GEV [held back in case it survived and made a run for the border]

And thanks! I wouldn't have been able to write it without you lot to use for inspiration [that whole story grew out of a forum thread where people were discussing marks in terms of 'two X welded together' and 'Smash a Y and a Z together', which sounded like campfire stories] and Drew's encouragement once the submission went in [seriously Drew, you have no idea how much 'yes, this is good enough' and even 'yes, this has potential' means to this scarred soul]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post

Stay tuned!

D.
I try! For whatever reason, cataloguing 'I thought I saw something about ... over at ...' is something I have a knack for.

Now we just wait over the next few expansions and see if my initial suspicion was right, given that you're both the Line Editor and the author of Bridging the Gap... ;)
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote