Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:15 PM   #1
Tim Kauffman

Default SHELL SHOCK Scenario help neded please...

Hi all, I noticed my Victory Conditions for the Scenario in the STEAM WorkShop are probably not where they should be. When it comes to determining such things, I become rather clueless.

Here's the Scenario Map:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248...57695327406850

The Scenario has the following units:
Combine has 33 Infantry and 3 Mobile Howitzers.
Paneurope has 33 Infantry and 3 Mobile Howitzers.

The Endgame objective is to eliminate all the enemy units before they do the same to you.

The following are the required Victory Levels needing correct input data:

Decisive Attacker Victory:

Marginal Attacker Victory:

Draw (between marginal attacker and defender):

Marginal Attacker Victory:

Decisive Attacker Victory:

If I can definitively have correct Victory Condition Levels for this Scenario, I'm fairly certain it would then be a final version.
More additions to the Scenario in the form of objectives are pending further iteration but once completed and added would be for the Table Top Map version.

...KEEP THOSE TREAD UNITS ROLLING...

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 09-30-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #2
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: SHELL SHOCK Scenario help neded please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
If I can definitively have correct Victory Condition Levels for this Scenario, I'm fairly certain it would then be a final version.
More additions to the Scenario in the form of objectives are pending further iteration but once completed and added would be for the Table Top Map version.
Since your scenario is fairly simplistic (i.e., wipe out the other guy), then just split up the total attack factors on a side ( total is 33+6*3= 51) evenly by attack factors (11 squads and 1 MHWZ (A6), or A17).

Decisive Attacker Victory: Destroy all enemy units with at least 2/3 of Attacker's units attack strength surviving (A34)

Marginal Attacker Victory: Destroy all enemy units with at least 1/3 of Attacker's units attack strength surviving (A17)

Draw (between marginal attacker and defender): less than 1/3 units attack strength surviving

Marginal Defense Victory: Destroy all enemy units with at least 1/3 of Defender's units attack strength surviving (A17)

Decisive Defender Victory: Destroy all enemy units with at least 2/3 of Defender's units attack strength surviving (A34)

Depending on exactly how it's listed in the Scenario Editor, you might need to adjust that to be based on VP, or unit types, but you get the idea.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:44 AM   #3
dwalend

Tim, is it possible that some units survive on both sides? That map is quite confining.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:02 PM   #4
Tim Kauffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Since your scenario is fairly simplistic (i.e., wipe out the other guy), then just split up the total attack factors on a side ( total is 33+6*3= 51) evenly by attack factors (11 squads and 1 MHWZ (A6), or A17).

Decisive Attacker Victory: Destroy all enemy units with at least 2/3 of Attacker's units attack strength surviving (A34)

Marginal Attacker Victory: Destroy all enemy units with at least 1/3 of Attacker's units attack strength surviving (A17)

Draw (between marginal attacker and defender): less than 1/3 units attack strength surviving

Marginal Defense Victory: Destroy all enemy units with at least 1/3 of Defender's units attack strength surviving (A17)

Decisive Defender Victory: Destroy all enemy units with at least 2/3 of Defender's units attack strength surviving (A34)

Depending on exactly how it's listed in the Scenario Editor, you might need to adjust that to be based on VP, or unit types, but you get the idea.
Looks to be done using Victory Points:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248...posted-public/

Thanks for this. Much appreciated. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
Tim, is it possible that some units survive on both sides? That map is quite confining.
It is unlikely but possible both sides could have their road networks Xed enough to cause their Mobile Howitzers to be out of range of each other. Of course, this would also mean no Infantry remain, because if any did the objective is to eliminate all enemy units and so they would attempt to X those remaining Mobile Howitzers.

Although, another possibility would be one side just holds back some or all of their units out of enemy attack range...or worse, both sides do and nobody ever attacks and the game goes on forever with neither side moving into attack range...lol

This Scenario was designed with these deplorable tactics in mind being used. The Mobile Howitzers mitigate most of this because of their long range, and theoretically can attack any hex on the map if able to move close enough using their road network.
I want this Scenario to be about both sides having equal forces and charging into no man's land to then attack the enemy with as much firepower as they can bring to bare. There is no waiting and staying out of enemy range once enemy Mobile Howitzers begin moving into range to attack.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:00 PM   #5
Tim Kauffman

33 Infantry squads at 2 VP per squad = 66 VP.
3 Mobile Howitzers at 12 VP each = 36 VP.
=102 VP total divided by 3 (thirds) = 34 VP.

Would mean:

VICTORY CONDITIONS AND LEVELS :
Decisive Attacker Victory: More than 68 points.
Marginal Attacker Victory: More than 34 points.
Draw: Less than 34 Victory Points surviving between Marginal Attacker and Marginal Defender.
Marginal Defender Victory: More than 34 points.
Decisive Defender Victory: More then 68 points.

Is this correct?
Old 10-09-2018, 06:05 PM   #6
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
33 Infantry squads at 2 VP per squad = 66 VP.
3 Mobile Howitzers at 12 VP each = 36 VP.
=102 VP total divided by 3 (thirds) = 34 VP.

Would mean:

VICTORY CONDITIONS AND LEVELS :
Decisive Attacker Victory: More than 68 points.
Marginal Attacker Victory: More than 34 points.
Draw: Less than 34 Victory Points surviving between Marginal Attacker and Marginal Defender.
Marginal Defender Victory: More than 34 points.
Decisive Defender Victory: More then 68 points.

Is this correct?
Sounds about right to me.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #7
Tim Kauffman

Great. Thanks GP. :)