Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:45 PM   #1
Mack_JB

Default GEV-MCP questions?

So next up on my list of "to do's" is a mini (or two) for the "Archangel" class GEV-MCP as featured in the S&TO counter set from Tiffin Games.

My question for the peanut gallery is this:

How large is the GEV-MCP? Obviously larger than a regular GEV, and perhaps at least as long or wide as a normal CP -- but in general, any feelings on how large?

I've got three different hover or grav tanks from the Mechwarrior line that may suffice for now ... one is 150% as long as a GEV, and about 220% as wide. One is slightly smaller than that. And one is twice the length, 250% of the width, and half again as tall as a stock GEV.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:55 PM   #2
offsides

Default Re: GEV-MCP questions?

My best guestimate is taking 2 GEV-PCs and putting them side-by-side, except as a single unit (and a lot taller).
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:06 PM   #3
Mack_JB

I was downstairs just scaling the ODE and S&TO counters, making measurements, etc.

The Archangel artwork on the counter is not quite twice as long as a stock GEV counter artwork, and about twice as wide. Interestingly, the GEV-PC and the GEV artworks scale pretty close to each other on their counters in relation to their minis.

Since I'm here already, this was progress earlier in the week, a mini for the MCP ...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/30089116#30089116

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/30092308#30092308

Last edited by Mack_JB; 09-27-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:10 AM   #4
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
Interestingly, the GEV-PC and the GEV artworks scale pretty close to each other on their counters in relation to their minis.
Huh. I'm surprised, but it helps with hand-wavium.

"The standard GEV is as big a vehicle as was practical for getting around obstacles in clear terrain, with an outsized propulsion system and reasonable gun. The GEV-PC are about the same size - to get around the same obstacles while fighting. Hovertrucks are bigger, but not optimized for dodging while shooting back." /Sits back down on hands/.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:30 AM   #5
Mack_JB

So I have finished and primed the GEV-MCP I am working on. Full details here, including pictures:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/30137233#30137233
Old 10-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #6
RedLeif508

I envision the GEV MCP as very like an M577/M1063: a battalion command post vehicle with various radios and other Comm gear, map/GIS equipment,maybe an extendable antenna and Maser/laser transceiver devices on top. As such I see the GEV MCP as a GEV-PC with a lightly (barely) armored compartment in the 'deck' space of the models.