Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #21
GrauGeist
Banned

Default Re: Ogre Articles in Pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by selenite View Post
FIXED: The link for "DESTROY ALL OGRES! - More Japanese Monsters GODZILLA in the World of Ogre!" has broken.
Indeed. Let's not beat around the bush.

If we're going to reference what is obviously Toho Studios copyrighted and licensed property, the let's do just that.

And don't forget Mothra, Gamera, and Mecha-Godzilla.

or even Ultraman.

Thanks.
GrauGeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #22
selenite

Quote:
Mod edit: Link deleted. There's a reason those old links are broken. Take the hint.
Ah, sorry. I'd thought it was routine maintenance.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #23
offsides

There are still 3 articles up there (not the ones referenced above with removed links) that have issues:

1) Poor Bloody Infantry has links to 3 images (counters and 2 maps) that require Pyramid logins - can we please have those images posted somewhere that doesn't require a login to something that no longer exists and cannot be subscribed to?

2) Exercise T references the Cobb Formula with a link to Henry's old io.com page, which is long gone. If this formula is still considered semi-canon, may I recommend either changing the link to point to the page on archive.org, or copying that page somewhere locally and linking to it directly. If the formula is being pushed aside, just delete the link.

3) The Nihon Empire references the second volume of Pyramid, which as far as I know is not available anywhere anymore (at least not for the time being, I don't know if there are any plans to release it via e23 once V1 is completed). May I suggest that you change the note to indicate that the full story is available in GURPS Ogre and link to it on e23, since the excerpt drops off in mid sentence...

Thanks!
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #24
RevBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
There are still 3 articles up there (not the ones referenced above with removed links) that have issues:
This is not the place to report website issues; it's too easy for them to get overlooked. Proper protocol is to report such problems by email. General site issues can go either to me specifically or to the generic "webmaster" mailbox, but Pyramid article problems should be reported to the Pyramid editor. That said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides
3) The Nihon Empire references the second volume of Pyramid, which as far as I know is not available anywhere anymore (at least not for the time being, I don't know if there are any plans to release it via e23 once V1 is completed). May I suggest that you change the note to indicate that the full story is available in GURPS Ogre and link to it on e23, since the excerpt drops off in mid sentence...
a. Pyramid v2 didn't get erased from the timestream; it is correct to note that this article originally appeared there.
b. Pyramid v1 has been available on e23 for quite some time now; what do you mean by "once V1 is completed"?
c. The article's subtitle explicitly indicates that the article is an excerpt from the then-upcoming GURPS Ogre.

In short, I don't see a problem here.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #25
Steven Marsh

Bob addressed the third comment, which just leaves two:

Quote:
1) Poor Bloody Infantry has links to 3 images (counters and 2 maps) that require Pyramid logins - can we please have those images posted somewhere that doesn't require a login to something that no longer exists and cannot be subscribed to?
The maps and counters linked herein are now publicly accessible.

Quote:
2) Exercise T references the Cobb Formula with a link to Henry's old io.com page, which is long gone. If this formula is still considered semi-canon, may I recommend either changing the link to point to the page on archive.org, or copying that page somewhere locally and linking to it directly. If the formula is being pushed aside, just delete the link.
The link has been updated to a version of that material on our site.
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #26
offsides

Thank you!
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote