Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 01-26-2020, 11:01 PM   #31
larsdangly

Default Re: Decks of Destiny, anyone?

My set just rolled in today, and I already did some play testing using the new materials integrated into my regular weekly group. It is all overwhelming - perhaps more (or at least more unexpectedly) than the Legacy Edition boxed set. There are just so many different things in there, and quite a few of them were not even on my radar, despite the fact that I thought I was following the campaign pretty carefully.

I am preparing a full review of DoD but want to make sure I've really seen it all and used a fair bit at the table before I post, so it will take a few days. Till then, another amazing feat from the team at SJG!!!
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #32
Worldwalker

Not even a shipping notice yet. *pathetic whimper*
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:45 PM   #33
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Not even a shipping notice yet. *pathetic whimper*
The warehouse team is packing and shipping rewards. We will post an update when they've completed the process.

It's a big, heavy box of stuff and a lot to process. There are three in the warehouse handling a hefty workload. Please be patient.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:45 PM   #34
larsdangly

Mine was packed perfectly. Actually, I suspect there is an item or two in there I never added in backer kit...
Old 01-27-2020, 08:31 PM   #35
bat

Mine arrived today. What a beast! Gearing up for a barrage of public games in at least one venue, maybe two public games and this is definitely a great addition to The Fantasy Trip. Who knew a game that you could buy in the 80's for $5 through the Johnson-Smith catalog would turn into this?
bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:22 AM   #36
stefanj

Mine arrived yesterday!

I assembled the little boxes and will be figuring which decks go in which boxes today.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:51 AM   #37
larsdangly

The tiny grey box gets the Labyrinth Hex cards; the next largest (I'm color blind so don't have a good guess there...) gets the treasure and rumor cards; next biggest gets the fighter cards, placed in long-side down, and the biggest one gets the wizard and monster cards, lying flat.

Kind of a bummer the big wizard and monster cards don't stand on edge like in the other boxes, but I can see why they didn't do this as the cards are taller than the DoD box, so you wouldn't be able to easily store them all together. But when I use them I just open the box, tip out the whole set, and then stand them on edge back in the box so I can easily leaf through them, like an old card catalogue.

Also, be sure you make some section dividers, cut from heavy card stock paper or something, as you will have multiple sets of different cards in three of the four boxes.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #38
Allensh

Did anyone else get a somewhat defective Labyrinth journal? Mine is bound upside down and backwards
Allensh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:37 AM   #39
Allensh

I got mine on Thursday. No shipping notice that I ever saw but it's here :) I got some extra stuff, one of which was the Melee playmat After seeing that I am seriously regretting not getting the Wizard one as well. The arena maps are nice and all that but I really wish I had gotten the Wizard playmat as I think I would get significantly more use out of that. Maybe it will become available again.

Allen Shock
Allensh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #40
FireHorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allensh View Post
Did anyone else get a somewhat defective Labyrinth journal? Mine is bound upside down and backwards
Mine was like that too, and so were some of the cards. You can do a partial work-around though, by flipping them horizontally, and then learning how to read and write upside down.
FireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote