Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 02-18-2020, 03:30 AM   #11
bocephus

Default Re: Armor - Lighten enchantment is a baaaargain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balor Patch View Post
It's not, DFRPG has no enchanting rules. The PCs are expected to buy magic items if the GM is in a good mood or else loot them like proper heroes.
Ok then there is the reason it seems so cheap. Without connecting "reality" of time and process for producing the items, its just left to the GM to decide if they want you to find an off the rack Magic Armor shop :)

Yes its a steal if its just a yes/no which way to go. Better would be a Fine plate lightened of course :) 50% vs 37%... but gotta find it or pay for it. And anti magic, low magic etc ...

Dare I say Rust Monster :)

Last edited by bocephus; 02-18-2020 at 03:31 AM. Reason: horrid spelling error
bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:28 AM   #12
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Dare I say Rust Monster :)
Despite its overt absurdity, I have always enjoyed the basic concept of a monster that destroys beloved gear. In DFRPG, of course, characters can "insure" their gear with Signature Gear, but a "rust monster" would still send most knights running to hide behind the nearest wizard. Used excessively, of course, and players will (rightly) be annoyed. But I love an occasional encounter that puts something other than my HP at risk.

We don't have a clear rust monster analog in DFRPG, but I think there are a few monsters that have deleterious effects on gear. Anyone have a handy list?
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:33 PM   #13
swampthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
We don't have a clear rust monster analog in DFRPG, but I think there are a few monsters that have deleterious effects on gear. Anyone have a handy list?
It's a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy write-up, but you'd probably find the Corrosion Crawler from Pyramid 3/98 useful.
swampthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:28 PM   #14
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
It's a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy write-up, but you'd probably find the Corrosion Crawler from Pyramid 3/98 useful.
I totally forgot about that one. Excellent. I wonder how rapidly coins would disintegrate? (It explicitly says that it corrodes and feeds on "metal of all kinds.")
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote