Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
mawile

Default Magic Lamp and multiple monsters

I may get treasures if I use a Magic Lamp on a single monster in combat. Do I get treasures if there were other monsters before, but I got rid of them somehow?
For example I was fighting two monsters. I Used Pollymorph Potion on one of them and a Magic Lamp on the other. Do i get treasures from both or only from the polly?
mawile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Magic Lamp and multiple monsters

Both. If there is confusion about Magic Lamp because of what it says on the card, it means that you get the Treasure unless you failed to defeat any remaining Monsters. If there were no Monsters remaining, you still get the Treasure.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Brf

I am new player, just digging through some of these more-obscure rules...

This seems to imply that using the Magic Lamp on a monster will leave its treasure behind for you to claim, after a multi-monster fight. This directly contradicts what is in the FAQ:

Quote:
Q. When does Magic Lamp let me keep the treasure?

A. If you are fighting one monster, and use Magic Lamp on that single monster, you collect the treasures from that monster. If there are multiple monsters, and you use Magic Lamp to get rid of one of the monsters, you do not get any of the treasures from that monster even if you defeat the remaining ones (you would still get the treasure from those monsters, though).
... which specifically says you do not get the treasure from a "lamped" monster, even if you defeat the rest of the monsters.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
natesroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
I am new player, just digging through some of these more-obscure rules...

This seems to imply that using the Magic Lamp on a monster will leave its treasure behind for you to claim, after a multi-monster fight. This directly contradicts what is in the FAQ:

... which specifically says you do not get the treasure from a "lamped" monster, even if you defeat the rest of the monsters.

weird... its seems contradictory
Old 04-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
MunchkinMan

Not if I was mistaken, which is rare. This is why responding from my tablet, and not my laptop, can be dangerous. . . :-)

Magic Lamp is, in fact, quite explicit about this: "If it was the only monster you were facing, you may take its treasure[.]" There is no talk of remaining Monsters and so on, so you only get the Treasure if, and only if, you were facing a single Monster. I'll take the blame for not checking up on that before answering, but no one of merit corrected me. . . ;-)
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #6
Brf

I have always been a rules stickler, so I wanted to make sure I had them all right before trying this game ;)
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic lamp, treasures