Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #41
Celjabba

Default Re: Ogrezine

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Sorry, I am not understanding the question. Help!
I think he mean, could you use some distribution network so that we could participate in the KS and retrieve our reward locally?
Most game shop will only take order through their distributor, and since those don't offer SJG products, we are stuck until some third parties put it on Amazon at twice the price.
There is not a single shop in the area carrying Ogre, or willing/able to order it.

Perhaps when you launch a kickstarter, having a delivery at Essen option ?

BTW ... there is an Ogre designer edition right now on amazon.com.
179$ + 80$ US delivery.
Delivery to Europe : +240$+ 40€ or more for custom... not for me at that price sadly!
So if it can make an US player happy...

Last edited by Celjabba; 08-08-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:23 AM   #42
Mack_JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockman View Post
Hypothetical situation: I want to pledge to this Ogrezine KS, but I also wanted one of the physical rewards too. To then get that physical reward, and with agreement of my games shop here in UK, I could have presented my 'Ogrezine Backer Voucher' to them and picked up the physical reward from them.
I don't see an easy way to make that work in a capitalist society where the FLGS doesn't somehow get a cut of the deal. Not to mention that any distributor doesn't get a cut either.

Your 'voucher' then means the FLGS gives you a free copy that they paid for, and then somehow SJG has to reimburse the FLGS for that lost sale.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #43
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Ah, OK.

Hypothetical situation: I want to pledge to this Ogrezine KS, but I also wanted one of the physical rewards too. To then get that physical reward, and with agreement of my games shop here in UK, I could have presented my 'Ogrezine Backer Voucher' to them and picked up the physical reward from them. And to supply me that item, my local games shop orders stock from you/wholesaler to provide me and other UK backers with our KS physical rewards.

Does that make sense? :-)
That makes sense. We won't be taking that approach -- the logistics would be a nightmare, with a percentage of funds taken by multiple layers between you and Steve Jackson Games -- but yes, your idea makes sense to me. It just isn't workable.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #44
GM Joe

Sorry, guys. Looks like we're gonna need 11 articles now.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:24 PM   #45
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
Sorry, guys. Looks like we're gonna need 11 articles now.
Bring it.

I have faith in all of you. My "fear" is that I end up with 111 quality articles! But that, too, would be a good problem to have . . .

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:43 AM   #46
GM Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Bring it.

I have faith in all of you. My "fear" is that I end up with 111 quality articles! But that, too, would be a good problem to have . . .

D.
You could charge for access to the Ogrezine Vault of Rejected Articles, for one! :)
Old 08-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #47
tumbleweed1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
You could charge for access to the Ogrezine Vault of Rejected Articles, for one! :)
Or do Ogrezine Quarterly.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #48
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed1025 View Post
Or do Ogrezine Quarterly.
Sounds like a fine idea.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:02 PM   #49
Tom H.

Quote:
Is there some potential that non-US backers could have acquired the physical rewards from their local stores/stockists (FLGS)? That in turn might have had the stores increasing their orders of Ogre-related products?
Good thinking. I had also brainstormed this idea for the Dungeon Fantasy Kickstarter (thread reference here).

After some interactive refinement there, the best HYPOTHETICAL implementation would be as follows:
  1. You buy the physical product you want from SJ Games via the Kickstarter campaign.
  2. You then also purchase it from your local game store.
  3. Upon delivery of the product at your game store, you request a direct refund from SJ Games (less overhead cost, and you forgo delivery of the product from SJ Games).
The concept is to leverage existing distribution networks over direct shipping when it is cheaper.

Warning:
It was revealed that even this proposal would require significant SJ Game resources to put a structure in place.

P. Kitty recommended that this would be a more appropriate endeavor for a third party entrepreneur at the level of Kickstarter or Backerkit.

I never got around to proposing it to their forums, but it's cool that others are thinking along the same line.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:28 PM   #50
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom H. View Post
[*]Upon delivery of the product at your game store, you request a direct refund from SJ Games (less overhead cost, and you forgo delivery of the product from SJ Games).
Unfortunately, this will not work. We do not receive 100% of the retail price, and there are layers between us and each retailer who take a percentage of MSRP for their part in the fulfillment and distribution process.

We are not offering any of the Ogrezine physical rewards to international supporters. The best thing to do is: Ask your local game store. Ogre Sixth Edition and Ogre Reinforcements are available now. Ogre Miniatures Set 1 will be available late this year.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote