Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-21-2015, 07:10 AM   #11
ncoleman

Default Re: Munchkinomicon / Fairy Dust 2

I would love to see more of both when we play with munchkinomicon we play with slightly different rules partially because there are not very many spells and if someone controls it early it's not too fun but with more spells its helps a lot thats why we cycle the cards back through. Also we dont play with it on top of the discards
Same thing with FD also maybe making a rule that if you help a character go up a level with GOAL card or something then you get a card. We reshuffle those back in too because there are too few sometimes when we play with both FD and Munchkinomicon. It does make for a longer game but that does not bother we enjoy the more back and forth and ability to stop people and change the game. I think my one complaint with some of the sets has been that there sometimes isnt enough prevent a win of a player whether through wandering monster, curses, or +5/+10. When you add munchkinomicon that changes things. Most of the people I play with love the backstabbing and I know thats not for everyone but not everyone plays with this set either. As far as dice I wouldnt be opposed to it and would definitely get it but at this moment I'm not sure how it would work but I trust you guys.
ncoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:13 AM   #12
Namtranek27

I, for one, would definitely be interested in Munchkinomicon Dice. And I'm not sure what you mean by new dice tooling, but I would love to find out!
Namtranek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:23 AM   #13
ChargerFan2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We discussed the idea of Munchkinomicon Dice once before. To make it truly incredible would require completely new dice tooling; just how much demand is there for the idea of Munchkinomicon Dice?
ME! And I also would love new expansions for both! Both are a favorite among my group.
ChargerFan2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:24 AM   #14
Mister Ed

Quote:
We discussed the idea of Munchkinomicon Dice once before. To make it truly incredible would require completely new dice tooling; just how much demand is there for the idea of Munchkinomicon Dice?
Well, since I was the one who first suggested it (though I could hardly believe it when I was told that nobody there had thought of it already), and am excited by the possibility of having a credit in the instructions of a Munchkin product, my opinion is probably pretty biased, but I think it would be great. :-)

I seem to recall mention back when it was last a serious possibility that Steve had some kind of cool idea for the di(c)e, too. But then it seemed like dice in general were put on the back burner for a while.

(I even submitted several card suggestions for a Munchkinomicon Dice product, back when it seemed like it would be imminent. I've no recollection of exactly what they were now, though. :-) )

Last edited by Mister Ed; 12-21-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:49 AM   #15
orcbgone

Quote:
Nothing at the moment. Maybe later.

Would anyone else like to see sequels to these?
I would love to see a sequel to Fairy Dust! Even if it was a small pack like the dice booster, it's a huge hit at my FLGS when I bring them in.
orcbgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:09 AM   #16
Dr. Mauric

I'm not so sure I'd like to see a new "kind" of dice, but maybe more cards that let me roll the ones I already have. That being said, I did like the Fairy Dust Dice, but essentially the dice were the same as all the others with Munchkin heads. (I could still use them with my Dice Bag. ) I'd get behind a product like that.
Dr. Mauric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:14 AM   #17
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namtranek27 View Post
And I'm not sure what you mean by new dice tooling, but I would love to find out!
Dice are manufactured using steel molds which are known as "tools." Tooling new molds is the process in which the dice designs are cut into blocks of steel.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:50 AM   #18
orcbgone

I wouldn't need new dice, just expanding on the chrrent would be great, a full booster like Fairy Dust was, or like a 2-card promo add on to something else they did, or even just random promos, :)
Old 12-22-2015, 08:53 AM   #19
orcbgone

As for Munchkinomicon Dice, that would be pretty sweet! Those I assume you mentioned retooling because you wouldn't simply want to use the Munchkin head again?
Old 12-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #20
darthjpp

I'd buy new expansions for Fairy Dust and Munchkinomicon, they both add a nice twist to the game. Some new spells would be nice, and some kind of dice for Munchkinomicon would be intresting.
darthjpp is offline   Reply With Quote