Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2018, 04:52 AM   #10
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: Lesser Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
I think what I would tend to prefer would be if demons were more detailed, specific and interesting. Like, they each have different abilities, personalities, names, goals, situations, and you actually bargain with them and they can help you with things they know or can do or find out.
Your wish is granted... referentially speaking, that is.

I would commend you to an easy-to-digest article, which will provide you basic qualitative information pertaining to the most basic characteristics and abilities of the 72 demons of the Ars Goetia; without having to translate Latin nor read either the Mathers or Crowley translations of the De praestigiis daemonum, of 1563.

The article will immediately provide you a *D&D Monster Manual*-styled listing - with some pictures - of the demons contained within the The Lesser Key of Solomon, also known as Clavicula Salomonis Regis, or The Lemegeton; which is an anonymous grimoire on demonology.

However, based on a recently expressed philosophical position by the designer on the subject of TFT providing basic qualitative descriptions for a thing in TFT: "There has to be room for the GM's creativity, and he should not be choked with detail that he might not use."

Which, on it's own, would appear to indicate that a published TFT supplement detailing these things for players - a Demon Manual for The Fantasy Trip if you will - would go directly against that stated philosophy; and if held, would reasonably indicate that the future publication of such a product for players, unlikely.

Therefore, your own imagination - *after being coupled to some well-informed preexisting research* - may be a much more fertile source of generating and defining phantasmagorical demons for your Cidri.

Thus, if you will pardon the pun, you may find this most elementary style of basic qualitative information with which to describe demons - or hazardous flora for that matter - bound to your own home game.

Sometimes, you just need to know where to look, or a friend point you in the direction of the where the information exists; the imagination is left to be supplied by you.

Here is the link to the article I referenced above: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...the_Ars_Goetia

JK
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote