Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 12:07 PM   #11
offsides

Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

A totally unrelated question (and one that probably should be a FAQ): I assume that the minis will be in gray plastic only? There's no mention at all of color anywhere on the project page, just the actual color of the 3D CAD models. It makes sense that you'd do it that way, but I wanted to double-check to be sure.
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
Old 07-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #12
HeatDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
The other consideration: Is there going to be a backerkit, and/or are there plans for an overprint to put on W23?
Not speaking for Phil but I'd be shocked if there wasn't some. The first plastic mini you make costs ten thousand dollars [for the tooling]. The second one costs five cents. With crowdfunding covering the cost of tooling, every one they sell after the initial campaign obligations is pure gravy. They won't want to keep a lot in the warehouse, but they can do small runs steadily and very inexpensively once the tooling exists, and a long term slow-but-steady demand for them is a significant win.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #13
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
A totally unrelated question (and one that probably should be a FAQ): I assume that the minis will be in gray plastic only? There's no mention at all of color anywhere on the project page, just the actual color of the 3D CAD models.
I've got the same question, plus a plea for the classic NAC red and PAN blue. I can provide no evidence that I'm not going to paint minis in the next eight years. (The painters perhaps don't care about the models' color so long as their base code sticks.)
Old 07-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #14
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
I've got the same question, plus a plea for the classic NAC red and PAN blue. I can provide no evidence that I'm not going to paint minis in the next eight years. (The painters perhaps don't care about the models' color so long as their base code sticks.)
I'm guessing that it's only going to be the single color for cost reasons, though I too would prefer proper base color since I won't be painting them either (though I might give my kids a shot at it someday). But it's not a showstopper, given that barring multiple Mk VI or Dopps on different sides in the Factory States era, the shape itself pretty much guarantees what side it's on...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
Old 07-15-2019, 12:32 PM   #15
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
Not speaking for Phil but I'd be shocked if there wasn't some. The first plastic mini you make costs ten thousand dollars [for the tooling]. The second one costs five cents. With crowdfunding covering the cost of tooling, every one they sell after the initial campaign obligations is pure gravy. They won't want to keep a lot in the warehouse, but they can do small runs steadily and very inexpensively once the tooling exists, and a long term slow-but-steady demand for them is a significant win.
"The first one costs ten grand, the next one costs a nickel"...that's a very eloquent way of putting it!

I haven't settled on an exact number yet...but ultimately, 3 is probably not going to be enough. Not with as...enthusiastic...as I was during the Set 2 campaign.

My heart wants 15, one for each set 1 / Set 2 pair I've got. My wallet says 'Don't you dare', and my brain is saying 'Well, you are setting up the concept of A schemes and B schemes for the bigger factions...maybe go with one per A/B pair?'
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
Old 07-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #16
Cat

For the non-painters, just spray painting in the base colour you want will work fine. I'm partial to Krylon sprays, they are bullet-proof.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #17
jfleisher

It says they are black in the perk notes.

I’m going to need a bunch of these, I just finished cutting 75 (!) Mark Vs off the sprues.

My Ogre Miniatures Blog: http://ogreminiatures.blogspot.com
Old 07-15-2019, 12:45 PM   #18
HeatDeath

FYI folks, the biggest difference between KS and Indiegogo is that IGG charge your payment method immediately, NOT when the campaign closes.

You can, however, get a refund up until the campaign closes.

Last edited by HeatDeath; 07-15-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #19
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleisher View Post
It says they are black in the perk notes.

I’m going to need a bunch of these, I just finished cutting 75 (!) Mark Vs off the sprues.
You win! I've only got 45 or so...
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
Old 07-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #20
jfleisher

Adding the plastics to my existing metal Ogre Miniatures collection gives me...

A lot.

What am I going to do with 504 light tanks?

My Ogre Miniatures Blog: http://ogreminiatures.blogspot.com
Closed Thread