Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #51
pieclone

Default Re: RPG books how much would you pay

I'll normally pay £20-30 for a hardback, £15-20 for a softback, depending on quality/page count etc. I'm trying to swap to e-books and .pdfs at the moment and for that I'll pay up to $20-25 (which is only around £15-20 give or take) for what would be a hardback if it were printed. Given the choice I'll buy new so that the author and publisher actually make money on the transaction. Buying 2nd hand doesn't put money in SJ Games coffers and (to wholeheartedly "pirate" a phrase) jeopardises future game production.

The only time I break my rules is when a book is out of print. CoC Delta Green is a pain to find, the supplemental material even worse. I've paid a fair amount to get hold of Countdown for example. I'd much rather have a digital copy for a decent price in most cases as I've taken up an entire bookshelf with varying systems and I'd rather be able to carry around all my books in a portable format. I can't imagine trying to cart around 70+ 3e GURPS books so now for 4e I've decided to switch to e23 editions. Still have half a dozen whopping great big hardbacks which I've got to "replace" with e23 editions...
pieclone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books, ebay, rpg