Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #41
alexondria

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

"I'm not sure what he would want in return, but he would be up front about anything he would ask of you and give you a chance to decline if it was not something you were willing. He's a gentleman that I've worked with in the past and found to be impeccable in his dealings. He's honest and successful. Ryuki has also met him at least in passing if you would be more comfortable asking his opinion on Mitch. I won't be insulted if you don't want to talk to him. As I said I'm asking you before speaking with him because I like to help people not back them into corners."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #42
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
One of the waiters lets Sunae know that one of the customers would like to speak to the cook before he orders. He's described as a friendly guy with a shaved head and dark green eyes.

The Hunan is usually slow between the dinner and the late night crowd, and tonight is no exception.
(OOC: Sorry for the late response, I didn't notice this until just now)

Sunae looks over at the waiter and nods. She washes her hands and puts on a clean apron before following the waiter to the guest.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #43
Andygal

Ida walks into the bank and greets the receptionist, "Good morning, I've come to return Ryuki's laptop to him, can I return it to him now or is he currently busy?"
Old 06-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #44
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
Ida walks into the bank and greets the receptionist, "Good morning, I've come to return Ryuki's laptop to him, can I return it to him now or is he currently busy?"
Nicole smiles at Ida, professional and slightly amused. "Ryuki is not in the office today. In fact, we're only open today because we're extra busy--usually you wouldn't catch us on a Saturday. Would you like to leave it with me or wait until Monday when he's back in the office?"
Old 06-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #45
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
"You know," a voice comes from around the peak, speaking between breaths, "this would be a lot easier from the bottom of the mountain." He comes into sight, looking for all the world like a scruffy and out-of-shape John Goodman. Yet looks are deceiving; his presence hums of archangel, and if there was any doubt which one the cloud of happily feeding mosquitoes sets that to rest. Especially since mosquitoes aren't known for breeding in January on mountaintops, and they generally only feed on humans when they're breeding. He leans over, hands on knees, and pants to catch his breath. After a couple of false starts he speaks again.

"But, I suppose, that's why David wanted me to answer this. Said I should get in shape, which is his way of saying I should pick my vessels more carefully. Hey, at least I remember clothes most of the time."

He scratches himself, careful not to hurt the mosquitoes, and looks at Kane, resisting the urge to grab the guitar and 'tune' it. "So, did you get the Squeaky Hammer?"
Kane stands and smiles with delight at the unexpected arrival, but the question sobers him a little.

"He didn't have it, sir," he says, leaning his guitar gently against a rock, where it'll be out of the way. "The last he knew it had been grabbed by some demon; didn't sound like he knew who or where it was ... or even if the hellboy still had it." From the look in Kane's eyes and the slight flex of his knuckles, there's no doubt that if Ryuki did have that information, Kane would be presenting the Hammer wrapped in a demon-skin.

"There's somethin' else, sir, that both of you ought to know. It sounds like this Ree-uki is ready to take the plunge and join up ... but he's waitin' on his Dad's OK and his uncle's. Thing is, callin' his uncle ain't as easy as dialin' long distance...." He begins to explain the circumstances of the uncle's death, including the family's intent to attempt to commune with him at its shrine.

His eyes narrow. "Also, sir, that sister of Ree-uki's needs to be watched. She ain't in Balseraph territory, but I'd trust her about as far as I could throw the Halls. There's this medium she wanted to involve, who sounds like at least page 3 bad news...." He shares the few details he had about him from the conversation.

(I'm being deliberately vague on the recaps, since I don't have the transcripts yet. I figure Kane has a better memory than I do. <g>)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #46
Andygal

Quote:
Nicole smiles at Ida, professional and slightly amused. "Ryuki is not in the office today. In fact, we're only open today because we're extra busy--usually you wouldn't catch us on a Saturday. Would you like to leave it with me or wait until Monday when he's back in the office?"
"I prefer to return things personally to the client when at all possible," She smiles, "So have yourself a nice weekend and I'll be back again on Monday."
Old 06-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #47
Puck

[QUOTE=tHEhERETIC;1185315

Alas, Friday afternoon finds the Tradewinds virtually under siege. A bunch of toughs loiter near its entrance, making it clear that you're not going to leave until they give the word. The police aren't much help--the toughs leave until the cops are out of sight, and then they're back again. One big scary guy hangs out near the back door, and when you try to leave that way he just says "Calabite. Wanna try me?"
At six pm they leave as mysteriously as they came. A quick call to Rina-el tells the same story--some tough guys hanging around, coming and going for no apparent reason.
And so, Mitchim misses the graduation party.[/QUOTE]

Mitch scowls out the window and drops a note to the local tether about the uptick in demon activity. He spends the night at the pawnshop after making sure his assistant gets home safe. The next morning he calls Ryuki's cell phone to gives his appologies.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #48
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch scowls out the window and drops a note to the local tether about the uptick in demon activity. He spends the night at the pawnshop after making sure his assistant gets home safe. The next morning he calls Ryuki's cell phone to gives his appologies.
(Friday afternoon)
The tinny sounds of an ice-cream truck grace the back parking lot of the Tradewinds. An old guy slips out of the cab of the truck and into the back, emerging from a rear door with a case full of Strawberry Shortcake pops.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death--You know, like San Fernando--I shall fear no evil, for You are with me. The old soldier prayed to himself as he walked up to the Tradewinds back door. He plastered a goofy smile on his face as he approached the Calabite. "Delivery for Mitch!" he crowed, loudly enough for those inside to hear. The Calabite sniffed at him, then knocked the box out of his hands just for fun. The old man played it off as an accident, picked up the pops and let himself into the shop.

"Hey Mitch." The goofiness was dropped like the costume it was. "Just checking on you. I see you've got the thugs hanging around your place too. From what we can gather they're doing this with every known angel in the city--which is dumb really, because now we know which ones they aren't aware of." He sets the slightly scuffed box on the counter. "So far though they haven't messed with anyone. We've advised the angels not to cross them, but that's just common sense. We're just trying to figure out who's leading them, and why they're doing this now. Maybe you can help--we got pictures of the demons hanging around. Maybe you can identify some?" He pulls a thumb drive out of his pocket and looks for a computer to plug it into. While he's getting set up, he gets conversational. "How are you holding up today?"

(Saturday)
He doesn't pick up his phone, but calls you back in the early afternoon. There's the loud white noise of airplane engine in the background--he's on a flight. "Hi Mitch. Sorry I couldn't answer before, but we were taking off...I'm headed over to see my girl. Damn, wouldn't it be awkward if I'd had a boy?" He's in good spirits, but it's clear there are strangers within hearing range.

((OOC haven't forgotten the rest of you, but I need to go get breakfast.))

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 06-04-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Added something I thought of on the bus
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #49
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane stands and smiles with delight at the unexpected arrival, but the question sobers him a little.

"He didn't have it, sir," he says, leaning his guitar gently against a rock, where it'll be out of the way. "The last he knew it had been grabbed by some demon; didn't sound like he knew who or where it was ... or even if the hellboy still had it." From the look in Kane's eyes and the slight flex of his knuckles, there's no doubt that if Ryuki did have that information, Kane would be presenting the Hammer wrapped in a demon-skin.

"There's somethin' else, sir, that both of you ought to know. It sounds like this Ree-uki is ready to take the plunge and join up ... but he's waitin' on his Dad's OK and his uncle's. Thing is, callin' his uncle ain't as easy as dialin' long distance...." He begins to explain the circumstances of the uncle's death, including the family's intent to attempt to commune with him at its shrine.

His eyes narrow. "Also, sir, that sister of Ree-uki's needs to be watched. She ain't in Balseraph territory, but I'd trust her about as far as I could throw the Halls. There's this medium she wanted to involve, who sounds like at least page 3 bad news...." He shares the few details he had about him from the conversation.

(I'm being deliberately vague on the recaps, since I don't have the transcripts yet. I figure Kane has a better memory than I do. <g>)
"Eh," Eli says with a grunt. He doesn't usually travel in such a large vessel, or up such mountains. Being de facto on the run made things like that awkward. "Don't worry so much about the hammer. It wasn't about getting it so much as to see whether he knew where it was and whether he'd be honest with you about that. Any sense of whether he was telling the truth? Could you get any sense of that?"

((Eli's resonating you, Mercurian style, wants to know your relationship with Ryuki at this point. I'll trust you to randomize and shoot back the results to me, under cut please or in PM.))

"Sounds like he's got an interesting family," Eli scratches the strategic stubble that passes for a beard in this vessel. " Dead uncle, bratty sister...I wonder if the uncle's really around or what he'll do if he isn't and is just watching for signs? Divination...nasty business. Might as well roll dice and shut your brain off when you get the results. Now this medium..." he rummages through a backpack and tosses an Enquirer onto your lap. "Not page three, more like the ads in the back. Though I warn you, guy like you it'd be like wading through paper mud."

((A sampling of what he would find, minus the pictures. Link.

ladyarcana--I'll post after I've had dinner. ))
Old 06-04-2011, 03:26 AM   #50
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
(OOC: Sorry for the late response, I didn't notice this until just now)

Sunae looks over at the waiter and nods. She washes her hands and puts on a clean apron before following the waiter to the guest.
"Hey dear." Corat looks up from his menu to see Sunae standing at his table. "The food here's so good, I don't feel the need to eat anywhere else." He gets up to offer a hug, despite the setting. "Is there a good time to catch up on things?"

Tags
in nomine