Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
FourDeuces

Default Re: Have I been playing this game wrong?

It was a fantastic episode. I personally loved Steve's body language while everyone was trying to stop the win at the end. Arm over the back of the chair, feet stretched out in front... I think he even said "Go ahead, unload everything you got!"

Copy of Munchkin Deluxe - $20
HD Camera for the youtube video - $300
Getting pwned by the guru himself - PRICELESS!
FourDeuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #22
Bampop

In that case I was guessing they just wanted to show the running away mechanic with a helper, and that was perhaps the only time there was a helper in a lost combat. It would have taken a bunch of valuable time to show that two people lost to two monsters, but they each only run away from one and why. They didn't do a whole lot of complete card reading.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #23
Dwarf Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bampop View Post
In that case I was guessing they just wanted to show the running away mechanic with a helper, and that was perhaps the only time there was a helper in a lost combat. It would have taken a bunch of valuable time to show that two people lost to two monsters, but they each only run away from one and why. They didn't do a whole lot of complete card reading.
Yes, you're probably correct.
Dwarf Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #24
jraggio

Just watched the Tabletop episode where Steve played a game with Will and friends. It was very entertaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6oMBSiL7Zs

I have a question about this game. At the end it sounded like Felicia was going to help Steve win as an elf and would then share in the victory, but she was trying to reduce him down. Was this so that she could get it to the point of a tie and then offer to help him win? Was she not allowed to help if he could win by himself without her help? At what point is she allowed to enter the combat?

Also in this game, I heard them offer the "first and last treasure", or the "first two treasures". Does this mean that all treasures are turned face up and the helper gets to pick first two and then the main fighter gets the rest?

Thanks,
John
jraggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #25
bonetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraggio View Post
Also in this game, I heard them offer the "first and last treasure", or the "first two treasures". Does this mean that all treasures are turned face up and the helper gets to pick first two and then the main fighter gets the rest?
The Treasure always go to the main fighter of the combat. As part of the deal to help, he might offer some or part of the Treasure from that combat as a bribe for help. The deal might include this kind of detail: first pick, second pick, and so on.

Yes, after every combat you had an helper all the Treasure should be face up and them distributed as per the original agreement. "First and last" would mean that the helper would choose first one of the Treasures, then the main fighter would choose the second best card and the remaining would be to the helper as well. "First two" gives the helper the chance to pick first two Treasures.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #26
jraggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
The Treasure always go to the main fighter of the combat. As part of the deal to help, he might offer some or part of the Treasure from that combat as a bribe for help. The deal might include this kind of detail: first pick, second pick, and so on.

Yes, after every combat you had an helper all the Treasure should be face up and them distributed as per the original agreement. "First and last" would mean that the helper would choose first one of the Treasures, then the main fighter would choose the second best card and the remaining would be to the helper as well. "First two" gives the helper the chance to pick first two Treasures.
Got it. Thanks for confirming.
jraggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #27
Urist

Hi folks, can y'all clarify why it's wrong for both players to roll to escape? Isn't that how it's done? (I don't remember the Floating Nose in case it's card specific.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf Ale View Post
OK.

For that matter, though, both Steve and Felicia rolled a die to run away from the Floating Nose.

The video was rather good though.
Urist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #28
MunchkinMan

It's card specific. You can't Run Away from Floating Nose, at least not normally.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #29
Patsycoconut

OP you can't play Munchkin WRONG, I guess the only wrong way to play would be when it isn't any fun :s

Haven't encoutered this problem :)

**Unless of course you are playing at an OFFICIAL event

Tags
table, tabletop, top