Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #111
GM Joe

Default Re: Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

Nice post. You did a good job of showing the relationship between the related attributes and the trade-offs involved.

I did notice a little typo:

Quote:
List most things with GURPS… the choice is yours.
Should be "Like most things..."

Otherwise, another informative post for GURPS beginners!
Old 10-30-2015, 05:45 PM   #112
mook

Thanks, GM Joe... especially for pointing out the typo. Spelling/grammar errors make me nerd rage way more than they should. I always appreciate having them pointed out.

(My day job is captioning movies and TV shows -- the rage makes it, alternately, the worst and best job ever).
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:50 AM   #113
GM Joe

What a cool, unusual job!

Yeah, typos are fun. It seems to be almost impossible to act as editor for oneself. Good thing the Internet is here to point out our every minor failing. :)
Old 11-05-2015, 06:49 PM   #114
mook

For today's post, I'm sharing the guts and glory of my beloved GURPS GM screen: what's on it, and where to find it.

I'd love to see other versions people have cobbled together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safisher View Post
That's a very good list of the general skill modifiers. Well done.
I forgot to reply to this a couple weeks back, but was reminded while working on today's post -- those modifiers are actually grouped together on the official GM screen. Wish I could take credit. :)

Last edited by mook; 11-05-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:49 PM   #115
mook

In the penultimate 'intermediate' post of the "New to GURPS" series, I talk a bit about how the Basic Set greatly expands the roles for healer-types and the various ways a character can be folded, spindled, and mutilated.

I hope you enjoy "Intermediate Recovery"!

(Note to self: most boring titles ever -- don't do that again, sheesh).
Old 11-19-2015, 06:41 PM   #116
mook

Bah! Posting delayed this week, but on the plus side... I think it's gonna be something pretty cool when it's done. :)
Old 11-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #117
mook

Today, I offer up "Race for The Dutchman," an Old West adventure for GURPS 4th Edition, sending five pre-generated PCs on a search for the legendary Lost Dutchman mine, and possibly the identity of the former owner’s killer.

It is written in the rules light style of Lady Blackbird -- a self-contained adventure with pre-gens, places, and possible encounters -- but should be fine with any GURPS style from "super fast and easy" to "every rule from every book, twice for good measure."
Old 11-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #118
Diomedes

Interesting, though I don't know if I'd be able to run such a bare-bones adventure myself.

One erratum: Tulsa Bob has a Weapon Bond with his pistol, but you've applied the bonus to his shotgun instead.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 02:28 AM   #119
mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Interesting, though I don't know if I'd be able to run such a bare-bones adventure myself.
It's definitely a different way -- I'm a long-time hyper-prepper, myself -- but I've slowly come to appreciate the benefits of rules light, low prep, high improvisation, especially for one-shots.

Quote:
One erratum: Tulsa Bob has a Weapon Bond with his pistol, but you've applied the bonus to his shotgun instead.
Thank you very much! I had used a single asterisk to note two different things, it was confusing. I was trying to streamline the Shotgun skill by including the +4 for firing full RoF 2x9 into the skill level (and got the math wrong, as well... should have been 19, not 18), but I think it's more elegant to just assume the GM will know how to handle a GURPS RoF of 2x9 (or at least know how to look it up).

Revised and updated to ver. 0.91.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:10 AM   #120
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
That is almost exactly the amount of prep I do for my regular games, though honestly it's a little long on the plot/background write up - but it is meant for another person to pick up and read. But where I'd have slightly less background/plot write up, I'd have slightly more NPC write-ups (for instance I'd differentiate the Apaches, Bandits, and 'ranchers' with slightly different skills).
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, blogs