Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 09-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Beardedsteve

Default BSing the GM question

(sorry to be a big noob) had this come up in a game tonight...game ended on it...wanted to know who was right.

Person 1 kicks the door down with 9 points. They get a weak enemy. Some curses are thrown. Then person 2 throws a +2 to enemy card. He had BSing the GM. The card says to be used the player must be in combat. Now, the debate was....is throwing a +2 card in...entering combat? Or is it something else? We ended up saying that BSing the enemy could not be used (I was the voice in support of it being used lol) and the game was won on a sour note. Was I wrong? Was tossing the +2 card in *NOT* entering combat? He was the first person to add stats to the enemy card. Anyway thanks a bunch...so sorry if this was asked already. Still new to the game and having a blast. Did a Google search and found nothing on the issue. Any input would be appreciated.
Beardedsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: BSing the GM question

I'm sure it's been answered numerous times, but I'm not finding this an easy search, so I wouldn't worry if you couldn't find it. Anyway, to be in the combat, you must either be the player whose turn it is, or the player whom that player enlisted to be a helper. Playing a Monster Enhancer on a Monster or playing a one-shot Item to either side does not constitute helping or being in the combat.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
Clipper

Are you sure that is the correct card title? I'm not sure which one you mean.

However, from the description, it seems to be that you are asking whether you are in a combat if you play a "+2 to either side" card to help the enemies. The answer to that is that you are not in combat if that is all you are doing. The only players that are in combat are the player who started fighting the monster and that player's helper if he has one. Other players may play cards into the combat, but they are not considered 'in combat'.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
MunchkinMan

The card title is Call BS On GM.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote