Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-22-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
Ronnke

Default Playing GURPS with Fantasy Grounds

Many of you are aware of the several avenues to play GURPS online using Virtual Tabletops, such as Fantasy Grounds, Roll20, etc. Those of you in the Fantasy Grounds camp will be aware the GURPS ruleset hasn't seen updates in a while which take advantage of the more recent features of Fantasy Grounds. A new ruleset update is almost ready and I have created the below video demonstrating the character sheet features. If interested, then please take a moment to have a look and post your thoughts, feedback or suggestions.

Playing GURPS on Fantasy Grounds

Side note: The ruleset complies with the SJG Online Policy, but if any of the powers that be are reading this, I would like to get permission to include some features which probably sit in a grey area of the Online Policy. I'm in no rush, but I'll draft a formal request at some point. Fantasy Grounds is a powerful virtual tabletop for online roleplaying and we GURPS players are sometimes envious of the ruleset capabilities players use for other systems.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #2
TorgSmith

Default Re: Playing GURPS with Fantasy Grounds

Looks pretty cool. I have the Ultimate license and will be interested in using this. The skin for the character sheet you have now is fine to me.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:18 PM   #3
Engurrand

This is work that has been much anticipated and will be appreciated.

Thoughts:
  • A simple way to float skills to other attributes would see some use.
  • Duplicating common modifiers between skills without retyping would be handy.
  • Shouldn't the "powers" tab be called "advantages" and the "other" tab "disadvantages"? Is that a license thing?
  • Inventory management: It would be really handy to be able to pass items and their notes between characters, and to or from the GM. And even more handy for items to talk to your attacks and defenses pages when they're carried (wishful thinking perhaps, but if there's one thing I've learned sitting next to a programmer, it's that it's no good guessing what might be easy or hard to implement).

Really great work. A huge step forward.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #4
Rigil_Kent

Looks fricking awesome, man.

Star Trek: Endeavour - a fanfiction site
Frak, Frel, and Other "F" Words - my blog
Rigil_Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:25 PM   #5
Ronnke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engurrand View Post
A simple way to float skills to other attributes would see some use.
Noted as a possible feature for future.

Quote:
Duplicating common modifiers between skills without retyping would be handy.
Drag and drop from one to the next. You also have the "global" modifiers list you could use for those modifiers which

Quote:
Shouldn't the "powers" tab be called "advantages" and the "other" tab "disadvantages"? Is that a license thing?
Advantages and Disadvantages appears under Traits, which is where the actual powers would be defined. The Powers and Others tab is there so you can setup a roll for such things, if they have a roll.

Quote:
Inventory management: It would be really handy to be able to pass items and their notes between characters, and to or from the GM. And even more handy for items to talk to your attacks and defenses pages when they're carried (wishful thinking perhaps, but if there's one thing I've learned sitting next to a programmer, it's that it's no good guessing what might be easy or hard to implement).
You can drag to the chat window to share with other players and you also have the ability to drag from the "global" items list. Being able to drag and drop to player avatars and such could be useful. I've noted this for future features.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:56 AM   #6
mook

OOH -- very, very cool! I look forward to the update.
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:58 AM   #7
Engurrand

RE:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnke View Post
snip... Thanks for the suggestions.
Straight great, mate.
I can't wait.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:42 AM   #8
fantell

Still all ah-quiver about getting my hands on this... PLEASE tell me how I get a copy of whats done? I just want to play with this sheet! It hurts to know its out there and this awesome and unavailable :(
fantell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:07 AM   #9
Berdryn

not directly related to the sheet (which looks great) but if you are able to make changes to the ruleset, can you modify the chat window?

I am really looking for a way to make whisper tabs. Leaving the main window for the main scene and you type /w NAME to whisper to someone, but instead of that whisper text line being displayed in the main chat, have it go to a new tab of chat.

I used to do this in OpenRPG and it really allowed for a lot of organization and helped me keep players busy because I could RP in the whisper tab with a player in another area of the gameworld while keeping the main chat for everything 'going on now'
Berdryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #10
mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantell View Post
Still all ah-quiver about getting my hands on this... PLEASE tell me how I get a copy of whats done? I just want to play with this sheet! It hurts to know its out there and this awesome and unavailable :(
Seriously. I just made the mistake of rewatching the video, now I'm all sad again.
mook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
virtual tabletop, virtual tabletops