Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-23-2018, 12:07 AM   #1
Meagan

Default Munchkin rule question

In the munchkin rules it says a munchkin can not discards cards "just because" but I was told that means I can not trade a card out for a different card if I got one. So that's means I'm basically stuck with the same items I put down in the beginning of the game unless I sell 1000 gold pieces worth of other gear just to put down a card? ( for example I had two 1 handed items one gave me a +5 the other no real bonus I killed a monster and got 2 treasures one of the treasures was another one handed item worth +3 so I wanted to switch the no bonus hand item for the +3 bonus item. I was told that was not possible unless I sold that item first which meant I needed 1000 gold and it was only 300... Is this correct or can I trade items at anytime during my turn as long as I'm not in combat?
Meagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:34 AM   #2
ColBosch

Default Re: Munchkin rule question

You were correct. You can swap items on your turn when not in combat. The item you replaced remains on the table; it does not go into the discard pile or back into your hand. It's still yours and you can re-equip it, it can be stolen by a Thief, etc.

See page 3, under Items, of the rules here: http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/rules/deluxe_rules.pdf
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:35 AM   #3
draigthedm

Default Re: Munchkin rule question

Sure you can. As long as you are not in combat you can swap items from equipped to carried (turned sideways and bonuses not in effect) to your hearts content. Otherwise you would have a hard time beating higher level monsters if you can't swap out equiptment, you cant just discard the items though
draigthedm is offline   Reply With Quote