Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Old 09-01-2018, 06:40 PM   #1
Vaevictis Asmadi

Default If you can't login...

I hope it isn't inappropriate to ask a hypothetical question here. If it is I do apologize.

Today while I was replacing my forgotten forum password, I had a brief difficulty accessing the CAPTCHA. It was just due to a browser setting on my part, but it got me to thinking:

What is the appropriate thing to do, if one is unable to log into one's forum account, or unable to recover a forgotten password (due to some technical/browser glitch with the CAPTCHA, for example), but is not banned ? I know that making an extra account is not allowed*. If I (or anyone) ever did run into an unintended technical problem that prevented logging in here, what should we do? Is there an accepted/acceptable route to request account/technical assistance, without having to be logged into our forum account?

*(even if it were allowed in this situation, it probably would suffer the same technical problem as the first account)

Maybe it occurred to me to ask this since I've recently had trouble with exactly that problem in my email account: you can't ask my email company for technical help without logging into the email server, which I couldn't do...

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)

Last edited by Vaevictis Asmadi; 09-01-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:24 PM   #2
Parody

Default Re: If you can't login...

At the bottom of every page of the forum is a Contact Us link; that page tells you to email forums@sjgames.com for assistance.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #3
Vaevictis Asmadi

Default Re: If you can't login...

Awesome, thanks!

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote