Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 04-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
Xanthar

Default Bad Stuff for Platycore

My son and I argued about the Bad Stuff in the Platycore when I lost my run away roll last night.

I was at level 2 and opted to lose 2 levels (down to the minimum level 1) instead of losing all the cards in my hand at the time. He said that was not right because I didn't have 2 levels to lose, so I should have lost all my hand cards. I said it gives me a choice, and I still got bad stuff applied, so it's legal.
Who was right?

In another example, he said his friend was in the same situation, but in his case he had no cards in his hand (level 6 at the time), so he chose to lose all the cards, not the levels, and nothing happened. My son thought that was unfair and I agree. You should have some consequence from losing if you don't run away, and that if he didn't have any cards he should have lost the levels.
Which is correct?

Sorry if this was answered before. I couldn't find anything on it when I searched.

Thanks for your response.
Xanthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:11 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Bad Stuff for Platycore

If a monster's Bad Stuff offers a choice, and one of the choices would not affect you, you must choose the other one -- Bad Stuff is supposed to be bad.

If, however, one of the choices could partially affect you (losing one level instead of two), you may choose that option and fulfill as much of that option as you are able.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad stuff, platycore