Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 08:29 AM   #351
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: List of all promo cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
. . . offering products direct from SJ Games would be a way to combat arbitrage.
Absolutely. Unfortunately, we only have so much time to devote to things. We have to tackle the larger projects first, and then work our way down to other list items.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #352
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Absolutely. Unfortunately, we only have so much time to devote to things. We have to tackle the larger projects first, and then work our way down to other list items.
Fully understood. But man, do I haaaate arbitrage.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:42 PM   #353
scuba1125

Is anyone able to provide a list of which promo cards are for the Guest Artist Editions? (i.e. same artist)

The same request could go for any promos related to specific boosters/expansions/sets (for the fantasy backs) as well.

I am going to go back through the promos i have to figure out some of them but thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone already has that info available and/or i miss any on another look through.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2017, 04:10 AM   #354
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba1125 View Post
Is anyone able to provide a list of which promo cards are for the Guest Artist Editions? (i.e. same artist)

The same request could go for any promos related to specific boosters/expansions/sets (for the fantasy backs) as well.

I am going to go back through the promos i have to figure out some of them but thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone already has that info available and/or i miss any on another look through.

Thanks!
Here's a link to my private collection tracker. I think I've got all the promo cards attributed to the specific sets or whatever.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Oh, and the tab marked "card list" is just my own collection.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:05 AM   #355
Niewodnik

Quote:
Here's a link to my private collection tracker. I think I've got all the promo cards attributed to the specific sets or whatever.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Oh, and the tab marked "card list" is just my own collection.
Thanks for the hard work :) i'm gonna steal that list and expand it by Polish promos/bookmarks/etc. and use it as my own afterwards. Great way to keep your collection tidy.

Last edited by Niewodnik; 10-11-2017 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:23 AM   #356
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Fully understood. But man, do I haaaate arbitrage.
http://www.npr.org/sections/money/20...e-724-cat-scam
Old 10-11-2017, 06:23 AM   #357
collinc

I'll just say that since you've added direct buy promos to w23 I've been able to get a lot more promos and have felt less of a need to check ebay for promos I've missed. I think you're handling it really well.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:15 AM   #358
Anh-Dalan

Quote:
I think you're handling it really well.
I totally agree - and still it seems to that prices do not fall but instead rise, especially for the new promos. Some people cannot be helped, I assume.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #359
Mister Ed

I'm kind of curious whether these promos actually have a measurable effect on sales. I'd just as soon they stop pumping out mass quantities of promos altogether, and put out a few new boosters or something if they've got this many "extra" card ideas.

Do all these promos actually end up equating to new sales of core sets? I don't think I've ever bought ANY game just because I got a promo for it. Demoed it, sure. I've bought plenty of games on the strength of a good demo experience (which SJG's MIB program excells at!), but promos? Never. As far as I can tell, promos seem to mean the most to people that already HAVE the games in question. (Though obviously the folks at SJGames have far more marketing experience than I do, so the fact that they not only continue making promo cards, but have ramped up to the current extreme levels, indicates that my feelings on the subject MUST not be typical.)

I can actually understand the bookmark promos more than the promo cards, as people can actually use a bookmark without a game, and it then serves as a constant reminder of that game. Plus the crazy instructions on the back of the bookmark do more to actually paint a picture of the wacky play experience of a Munchkin game.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 10-11-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #360
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'd just as soon they stop pumping out mass quantities of promos altogether, and put out a few new boosters or something if they've got this many "extra" card ideas.
Apples and oranges. Promo cards are generally intended to be one-offs; they wouldn't cohere well in a themed expansion.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Closed Thread

Tags
promo, promos