Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #21
vitruvian

Default Re: Query: The Draw Power Spell and "Infinite Worlds"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery
AIS, and as I thought you were saying in your first post, I don't think conduits would qualify as sources.
So, an electrical power outlet is a no go? You need to plug a machine into it to use Draw Power? After all, that's really just a simple AC circuit, or conduit...

I really don't think that the intent of the spell.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #22
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery
It's a nice idea for a Tech. spell. Should the prereq relationship be the other way around, though? Or maybe separate branches off of Seek Power? That Conduct does the job already, w/o requiring an outlet, makes it look like it would be the more advanced spell.
Except that I'm assuming that Conduct has the same problem Draw does, in that it's not safe to use it on a large power source. Whereas this spell would a) get around that drawback, safely "stepping down" the power to a manageable level, and b) would let you swap out the device or spell being powered, since it creates an outlet, rather than directly powering a device or spell.
Kelly Pedersen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:05 PM   #23
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian
So, an electrical power outlet is a no go? You need to plug a machine into it to use Draw Power? After all, that's really just a simple AC circuit, or conduit...
TTTT, I'm not completely sure that it would be OK. If it was, I'd say it was because the power (from the outlet) is in a form that could be directly used.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:32 AM   #24
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgellis
Wait! I've got it! What you need is...a receiver-equipped mecha. :)
Oooo!!! My Inner Munchkin doth drool at the thought. Perhaps magically-enhanced armor, plus the receiver would give the mage inside oodles of energy for casting spells. Truly a Power To Be Reckoned With in Gernsback.

And once the Evil Necromancer is defeated and the World Science Council grabs the armor and studies it ... they wail in frustration "What the kark is THIS?! It's a metal suit with a power receiver!! And NOTHING ELSE!! No motors!! No circuits!! No vacuum tubes!! MY WORLD-VIEW IS SHATTERED!! I'm gonna go worship Cthulhu!!"

A mage with Mana Enhancer could have so much power - and fun - on Gernsback. :)
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
draw power, infinite worlds