Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
Sliver

Default Helpers running away

If I have a card that forces someone to help me, can he use a card that forces one or two players to escape so only he escapes and I fight alone, without the ability to ask for him or someone else to help me? What if instead of forcing, the card allows for automatic success?

A different question about running away... If for some reason I'm forced to run away, can I use a card that allows me to win the fight? Making it friendly or it being already dead?

Last edited by Sliver; 04-04-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:38 AM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Helpers running away

I think you might be referring to cards that allow one or two players to escape automatically. These do not allow you to escape a combat which is in progress, but simply mean that if the combat owner agrees he can't win the combat and is forced to declare loss and Run Away, then the munchkins escape the monsters without rolling. Such cards have no effect on a combat that is in progress.

There are cards that can let a helper leave a combat before it is over (in this case they don't Run Away at all), and in that case you can get a new helper unless the card that allowed the helper to leave said otherwise.

If somebody does play one of the few cards that forces you to lose a combat and Run Away (e.g., Potion of Cowardice), then it is no longer during combat, so you can't play most of the cards that would remove monsters. Only cards like Magic Lamp that say they can be played while Running Away could remove monsters at that point. Neither Friendly nor Dead would be allowed.