Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #51
Friendpmcii

Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

I haven't been keeping up in the ooc thread, did I miss anything important?
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #52
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendpmcii View Post
I haven't been keeping up in the ooc thread, did I miss anything important?

No, Its been quiet since we took the break.

Other than the creation of Jane Doe, who has the distinctive disadvantages of Total Amnesia, Dwarfism, and Hunchback

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:05 PM   #53
Plane

Kinda feels like I'm a cheater when I get -25 for "total" but got the benefit of specifying my attributes/back/charisma/LPT/shyness/deepsleep/cold intolerance/clumsyrunner which can't be seen in a mirror so I should buy it up to the -10 "Partial Amnesia" pretty soon.

Rather than 'save up' for 15 points, perhaps any points I earn should just immediately go toward that. For example if I have 50 points worth of traits and become aware of 1/5 (10pts worth) of them then 1/5 of 15 is 3 points I owe for that privilege?

That or perhaps pay it all now by taking some new 15-pt disadvantage to cover the spread. Bad Grip 3? Combat Paralysis? Killjoy? Klutz: Total Klutz? Phantom Voices: Diabolical? Restricted Vision? SlowRiser+SpaceSickness? Timesickness+Wounded? Very Unfit? =/ Some of these would be great candidates for surprise disadvantages while some would be more obvious if already present.

Limited vision from an inability to turn the neck due to spinal hunch might actually make sense, I should've thought of that...

Tunnel Vision [-30] plus the Reciprocal Advantage of No Tunnel Vision [15] (Requires Will Roll -5% Requires DX Roll -10% Requires HT Roll -10% Unsupported -25%) would work out to -15 and could be realistic but I wouldn't want to flood you with die rolls any time I wanted to try and look around for a minute.

Paying now wouldn't mean I'd suddenly want to know all of GM's secret choices, just that I wouldn't have to feel guilty about them gradually being revealed when I got paid for ignorance or worry about only having paid 6% of the difference while knowing 10% of capacity, etc.
  • You have no idea of your full abilities. Since the GM knows your quirks and mental traits, and you don’t, he will sometimes overrule your statements about what you’re doing. He will also make all skill rolls for you, because you have no idea what you can do until you try it!

For example recently been told I know "lots of details" about earth/geology/beanstalks so am assuming I'm at least a Dabbler in those fields if not full points. Once you "try" things, you no longer have "no idea" based on how it goes, so "total" I guess must inherently be an ephemeral disadvantage destined to become Partial for anyone who interacts with the world in a way that could prompt their traits to manifest, learning about them by experiencing them. As time goes on and I learn more I will cease to deserve those 15 points!
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:42 AM   #54
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Points in Lost in Dreams are pretty much awarded on an "Ad hoc" basis. The amnesia won't be bought off unless its shown to have been done so in game, in which case it will just happen, with no real point accounting involved. And she won't be to the -10 level for a while, progress here or not.

Amnesia covers under what circumstances you should buy it off, and gradually figuring out your abilities doesn't count!

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-15-2018, 07:18 AM   #55
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I am on vacation and away from the computer this week. Sorry for the delay.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:34 PM   #56
Friendpmcii

I've got some things that need taken care of and it's going to be an extremely long time before I can get back to playing this. Just wanted to give a heads up and say thank you for the fun.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:09 AM   #57
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendpmcii View Post
I've got some things that need taken care of and it's going to be an extremely long time before I can get back to playing this. Just wanted to give a heads up and say thank you for the fun.

Thanks for playing. let me know when you're back. Good luck!

Old 12-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #58
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I will be missing for most of the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-22-2018, 08:39 PM   #59
Plane

Hope you have fun!
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #60
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

As a reminder: we are always recruiting!

Tags
ericthered, friendpmcii, lost in dreams