Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Card Games

Old 01-24-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
peter mobius

Default "forced favors" question in Hacker

HI Just looking for some clarification. If you choose to use a Raid card in Hacker to Force a Favor from someone in the game rather than using it to actually get them raided, what is the bonus that is applied to the system that they are going to help you hack? The rule book says, "the victim must give you every bonus he can in your next attempt to hack." Ok so does this mean all the bonus's from his Root access points AS WELL as all the bonus's from his system upgrades and special cards and such? Also in this same hack are these bonus's given to you by your victim then added to your own bonus's?

example if the victim that you play the Raid card on to force a favor from them has Root access to the system adjacent to the system you are trying to hack into as well as a root on the same network type (like Milnet) than that is a +2 bonus, now with his system upgrade bonus's and special cards the bonus could be as high as say +5. Now is this +5 bonus what I will use or am I hacking by combining all my own bonus's with my victim's +5 bonus? also what if we are both taking advantage of a Milnet root +1 bonus, is that cumulative?

phew sorry for the lengthy post but heck if anyone out there has clarification or at least a good resolution idea, I would be pleased and grateful. Thanks!!!! Game on rock stars!

-Peter Mobius

Last edited by peter mobius; 01-24-2010 at 08:58 PM.
peter mobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:58 AM   #2
AndreasDavour

Default Re: "forced favors" question in Hacker

This is an old post, but as I see very little activity here I'll try to drum up some.

I'd interpret that as you have to provide all the bonuses you have, not your gear gives you., i.e. root access and system and network knowledge. I would say it does stack with your own bonuses.

That's my two cents anyway.
AndreasDavour is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"forced favors" raid, hacker