Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-04-2019, 11:39 AM   #11
b-dog

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Are there going to be descriptions of how the monsters attack? Will they have unique powers? Any tentacled Lovecarftian horrors? Any psionics?
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:40 AM   #12
bert

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
Quicker-Kicker-starters?
Quickstarter!

Regarding the ambitious goal I think SJG expects and/or hopes a lot of people will go for at least the additional boxed set. Which makes sense to me.
bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:41 AM   #13
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Will the additional spellbook and adventurers book only be available as addon via backerkit?
Not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if these will be offered for sale in the future? If that is the question, the answer is:

* If we have any excess inventory after fulfilling project rewards, we will offer the remaining books on Warehouse 23.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:44 AM   #14
GM Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
It’s reality. If there’s not enough demand to meet the goal on Kickstarter, then we definitely know the demand isn’t there to make these products worth taking to the manufacturing stage.
Understandable, given the boxed set. Fingers crossed there's enough new interest!

(For those figuring out where to spread the word, I posted a thread on the rpg.net Hype Machine, Jürgen Hubert bumped the DFRPG thread in Tabletop Roleplaying Open (TRO)...so rpg.net seems covered for now. Although joining in on TRO always helps show interest, and interest tends to attract more interest. :) )
Old 03-04-2019, 11:44 AM   #15
bert

Quote:
Not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if these will be offered for sale in the future? If that is the question, the answer is:

* If we have any excess inventory after fulfilling project rewards, we will offer the remaining books on Warehouse 23.
Sorry for being unclear - there is no pledge level right now for those items, so will they be available in backerkit after succesful funding?
Old 03-04-2019, 11:48 AM   #16
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Sorry for being unclear - there is no pledge level right now for those items, so will they be available in backerkit after succesful funding?
Yes. You may also increase your pledge level now to cover the costs of any add-ons you may wish to include in your rewards.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #17
bert

Quote:
Yes. You may also increase your pledge level now to cover the costs of any add-ons you may wish to include in your rewards.
Thanks again for your quick answer!
Old 03-04-2019, 11:58 AM   #18
GM Joe

Quote:
Quickstarter!
Perfect! :)

Quote:
Regarding the ambitious goal I think SJG expects and/or hopes a lot of people will go for at least the additional boxed set. Which makes sense to me.
I hope they do.

Last edited by GM Joe; 03-04-2019 at 12:37 PM.
GM Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #19
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
I hope they do.
I did. I have young family members who might benefit from having such a thing.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #20
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post

Are there going to be descriptions of how the monsters attack? Will they have unique powers? Any tentacled Lovecarftian horrors? Any psionics?
The details of what powers and attacks the monsters will have are the sorts of things that people who get the book will learn about. Spilling the beans in advance would somewhat devalue the book!

As for which monsters will show up: That will depend on how much backing the project gets, which will determine whether it's 22, 24, 26, 28, or 30 critters. We can't say which ones until it's done.

What I can say is that the 30 monsters I designed for the best-case scenario break down like this:
1 × Hybrid
1 × Slime
1.5 × Elemental
2 × Construct
2 × Divine Servitor
2 × Elder Thing
2 × Faerie
2 × Plant
2.5 × Demon
2.5 × Undead
4 × Animal
7.5 × Mundane
All the "0.5" are because several creatures have split monster classes (like "Demon/Undead").

I can also say that of the 30, 8 are standbys from folklore, myth, and legend while 22 are original craziness invented by me. Obviously, there's nothing totally new under this particular sun, but I tried to be inventive. Even with the traditional creatures, actually.
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote