Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-13-2016, 03:32 PM   #1041
GM Joe

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I'll sell you both of mine.
I'll need to see a photo first.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #1042
PsionBoy

I'll sell you both of his for 10% less.
PsionBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:36 PM   #1043
(E)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmunoz View Post
Now I want I Want It All!

...anyone need to buy a kidney?
Your's or someone else's?

Also "Woot!" More GURPS stuff.
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:30 PM   #1044
(E)

Beware Counterfeit Kidneys

With the sudden rise in the kidney trade it is good to know the basics of kidney selection. Those of us who can't or choose not to go to "registered" kidney sellers should take basic precautions. The first thing to check is the container. If a kidney or set of kidneys is wrapped in butchers paper and secured with string they may be counterfeit. The next thing to check is the temperature Chilled is good, room temperature not so much. . . . . . .
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #1045
Nemoricus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterS View Post
Update #18 is here:

A New Add-On and Pre-Generated Characters

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1680620

In case anyone wanted to update their "Value for $250 level" trackers.
Duly updated. The value has now surpassed the $500 mark and represents a more than 50% discount on a lot of great products!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
Missing some obvious levels, including what I think most people are pledging based on amount per pledge:

$105 gets you the boxset, the screen ($70 pledge) plus PDFs of the boxset. This is where I started my pledge.

$110 gets you the boxset, the screen ($70 pledge) plus PDFS of the boxset and the screen. This is what I'm currently pledging.

I don't want Pyramid, the original set of cost numbers seem to assume it's such a great deal everyone will want it. Whereas I find it full of stuff of no interest to me.
I've added $110. I made note of the Dungeon Fantasy Pyramid article collection in particular because it's a new product, currently only offered through this Kickstarter. Also people might want it for completeness, especially if they don't own the original Pyramid magazine issues and want all of the DF-focused articles.
Nemoricus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:00 PM   #1046
Bruno

I'm up to $215. I haven't yet kicked it up to "I want it all" simply because (as of yet) I own all the PDFs in that set except the Pyramid compilation - and I own all the pyramids with DF material. I'm getting the compilation anyways because competionist.

I could be talked out of the Pyramid compilation and subscription, but I'm clinging to the How To Be A GURPS GM softcover. MINE.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #1047
mehrkat

I know this is sort of random but would there be a way to gift PDFs you already own. It seems like there might be a way to gift in backerkIt.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #1048
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
I know this is sort of random but would there be a way to gift PDFs you already own. It seems like there might be a way to gift in backerkIt.
I'm going to go out on a completely uninformed limb and bet that this is somewhere between "a huge pain in the ass that has to be hand entered into Warehouse 23 for each and every PDF for each and every customer" and "impossible". Probably the first one, since they can issue comp copies, but that may set off weird accounting records that wouldn't apply to the Kickstarter cases.

More practical question: If I end up with duplicates of PDFs I already own (I own all the ones currently available) do I now have two licenses? May I print two hard copies instead of one? When you have six people at the table, DF 1, 3, and 11 in particular can be highly in demand.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:26 PM   #1049
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I'm going to go out on a completely uninformed limb and bet that this is somewhere between "a huge pain in the ass that has to be hand entered into Warehouse 23 for each and every PDF for each and every customer" and "impossible". Probably the first one, since they can issue comp copies, but that may set off weird accounting records that wouldn't apply to the Kickstarter cases.
And besides that extra expense a lot o these PDFs require royalty payments. So there losing money on each discounted sale which is offset somewhat by the copies some of us already have.
I know some of this feels like wasted money to people who already have some of this but its a really cool thing they are doing here, so lets not nickel and dime them to death.

And great question on the printouts Bruno. I have duplicates of some stuff from accidental purchases already.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:26 PM   #1050
Nemoricus

I just realized that, since the $250 tier gets a physical copy of the How to Be a GURPS GM book, I should maybe add it to the minimum value of the "I Want It All!!!" tier. I mean, no matter how you slice it, a physical copy of a book is a physical copy, and it's hard to argue that you didn't get something, even if you already have it.
Nemoricus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, fantasy