Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 11-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #11
josephrey

Location: on the road!! check out www.chingchingwong.com to see where we currently are. :)
Default Re: LEGO Car Wars

Those cars are rad! I never thought of using legos, but it's such a great idea! (Probably why I didn't think of it.) Would really love to see more of this.

And thank you for reminding me to delete my photobucket account. Holy advertisements.
josephrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #12
josephrey

Location: on the road!! check out www.chingchingwong.com to see where we currently are. :)

And after doing a quick image search for Mad Max Legos, is there a desire to team up with Lego to produce the vehicles for 6e? There would be a great deal of pros and cons with dealing with another company I'm sure. But I'd like to think the pros would slightly edge the cons out. :)
josephrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #13
Tom H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephrey View Post
. . .
And thank you for reminding me to delete my photobucket account. Holy advertisements.
No joke. When the Web becomes unusable, what's the point of advertising there.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:00 PM   #14
schoon

Sorry about the ads, Guys.

Created my first design:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...psymk65qzn.png

I figure the 4 "dots" aft of the cockpit can easily become a turret mount, and the front airdam can swap out for weapons as well.
schoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:08 PM   #15
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephrey View Post
And after doing a quick image search for Mad Max Legos, is there a desire to team up with Lego to produce the vehicles for 6e? There would be a great deal of pros and cons with dealing with another company I'm sure. But I'd like to think the pros would slightly edge the cons out. :)
The LEGO Group is pretty thoroughly entrenched on the "No realistic guns" thing, which strikes me as a deal breaker.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:51 PM   #16
Tom H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoon View Post
Sorry about the ads, Guys.
. . .
Oh, okay. I had just thought it was the site doing that.

Didn't mean to take it out on you. My system isn't super up to date, and I have so many issues with other sites and news sites. I just lumped it all together.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:58 AM   #17
swordtart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
The LEGO Group is pretty thoroughly entrenched on the "No realistic guns" thing, which strikes me as a deal breaker.
I am not sure how that stacks up with all the movie tie ins and Lego Agents.

It all started to get a bit "flexible" when the LEGO knights first hit the world as they had swords, spears, bows and crossbows (the start of weaponisation).

Later we had pirates and the introduction of the flintlock pistol, musket. We also had the cannon.

Later yet we had Lego Cowboys and of course they had six-shooters, plus a non-flintlock rifle, I seem to recall a gatling gun as well (but that may have been a number of rifles bundled together.

World Racers has rockets and missiles (as did the anime style exoforce LEGO).

Lego star wars stared out with "loadhailer type" guns, but recently we have had blasters. Whilst you may not consider a star wars weapons "realistic" you should bear in mind that the movie props were often conversions of real guns (Han Solo's Mauser C96 blaster for example).

More recently we have had several realistic guns as part of the minifig collectors series.

All in all, there are plenty of "realistic" guns out there.

Who said CW guns were realistic anyway ;)
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #18
Racer

The amount of guns on some of the Legoland Classic Space range were boarding on the ridiculous at times - especially after 1981 .

I'll find some links , but you'll instantly see the sudden shift from the almost unarmed 'Galaxy Cruiser' set 928 ( in UK ) & the modular 'Galaxy Explorer' from 1982/83 bristled with Lasers .

I suppose that the various 'hand guns' could be passed off as tools , but to us they were always 'Blasters', 'Disintegrators' , 'Lazookas' and 'Wave Decimators' . There were enough actual tools to cover all bases & the lack of names & only code numbers for ordering them was seen as a joke .
Old 11-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #19
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

I don't think you will find a single example of something that looks like a specific contemporary firearm as a LEGO Group product.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #20
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I don't think you will find a single example of something that looks like a specific contemporary firearm as a LEGO Group product.
Not now -- back when they were doing themes like "Johnny Thunder", firearms of all types were commonplace. Recent "real world" events led to them dialing back on that.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote