Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 12-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
JAA

Default What are the cards in the Miniature Sets?

Hi, sorry for asking another question so soon after my last, but I am running out of time to the deadline. I know I want this great game, but am still a little unsure what.

What are the cards in the Miniature Sets 1-4. Are they new weapons, new armour etc? Or are they repeats of cards elsewhere?

I want to leave some cash for bikes when they come out, so do not want to overspend on the initial game.

At the moment I am thinking the $75 base + Linked Weapons + Dropped Weapons + Uncle Al (I missed Black Friday).

The UK postage for the base game is $35. How much would my base game extras add to that postage?

However, I would kick myself if the miniature sets had extra great weapon cards etc, that were not found elsewhere.

My favourite part of the 80s game was the highway fights. (We spent a whole 6 week summer holiday playing car wars back in the school holidays.)
JAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 07:18 PM   #2
beetle496

Default Re: What are the cards in the Miniature Sets?

@JAA most of your questions have been answered on the KS forum.

The cards bundled with miniature sets are all new and unique to the set, so no repeats of cards elsewhere. No real details have been provided. Certainly yes to weapons (since the description says as much), but probably not “extra great” as far as being OP. Not sure about “armor”.

If you are considering the miniatures, you should upgrade to Double Ace.

Do not bother now with leaving some cash for bikes. Those have not been promised, and if it happens, it will be a couple years from now!

Dropped Weapons and Uncle Al sets will probably be fun add-ons for you. Linked Weapons look to be under powered, so if you are trying to save a few bucks, that pack (14 weapon cards per player) probably is one that you can safely skip (since you have the Armory Pack (16 weapon cards and 3 turrets per player), and plan to get Uncle Al’s Upgrade Pack (20 weapons cards per player)).

To recreate the highway fights, you will definitely want the Road Tiles. So that is one more reason for you to upgrade to the Double Ace pledge level.
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:48 AM   #3
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA View Post
What are the cards in the Miniature Sets 1-4. Are they new weapons, new armour etc? Or are they repeats of cards elsewhere?
New weapon, accessory, upgrade, and structure cards appear in the various miniatures sets. You can use these new cards during the car design stage of the game.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:25 AM   #4
baakyocalder

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
New weapon, accessory, upgrade, and structure cards appear in the various miniatures sets. You can use these new cards during the car design stage of the game.
And the pictures in the Kickstarter campaign show some of the cards for each miniatures set.

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:26 PM   #5
baakyocalder

The core set's 5-page double-sided sheet will list the 10 cars and cards used for them.

The Vehicle Design Guide add-on will list the 16 (more if more are unlocked) cars and the cards used for them. This will include cards from the miniatures sets.

I'm sure we'll have a complete list of cards once we get the game--could be even before the game arrives if the checklist is released by Steve Jackson Games.

Each card set has cards for 4 players, so there will be duplicates but that lets everyone playing in a 4-player game use the same cards if they want to.

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote