Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #421
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031
BIRD-MAN
Nice. I had forgotten the Ani-Men.

Of course, when I saw the bold title, my first thought was of this guy :)
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #422
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
You gave him techniques off of Throwing Art, but no actual Throwing Art skill.
D'oh! I must not have finished his skill listings... gimme a sec to edit.

If anyone qualifies for Throwing Art, it's Bullseye!

Edit: Okay, he's fixed.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 07-12-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #423
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Nice. I had forgotten the Ani-Men.

Of course, when I saw the bold title, my first thought was of this guy :)
*snrk* Did he ever team up with Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt?

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #424
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031
*snrk* Did he ever team up with Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt?
Not in the old days, but I think they appeared together a few times in the CN show Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #425
B9anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
BULLSEYE

Occupation: Professional criminal and assassin, former soldier and mercenary.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record.
Identity: Secret.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Marital Status: Presumably single.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Employee of the Kingpin.
Base of Operations: New York City.
History: The man known as Bullseye has made several claims of his history, some of which contradict each other. If it is assumed that some or all of these claims have a grain of truth in them, the following can be inferred:

The man who would become Bullseye discovered his ability to throw anything with unerring accuracy at an early age. At first he used this ability as a pitcher in baseball, but was permanently banned from the sport while still on a collegiate level for putting a rival player in a coma from a thrown baseball. After that, he decided to channel his aggressive tendencies into a military career. After a stint in the US military – he has claimed both the Marines and the Army – he found himself working as a mercenary in Africa for a time.

Ultimately, he turned his talents to assassination. Recently, he's been seen working for Wilson Fisk as one of his assassins, entering into a rivalry with fellow assassin Elektra (see Elektra; Kingpin). He has tangled with Daredevil on a number of occasions (see Daredevil). He is actively hunting Daredevil with the intention of killing the masked vigilante, as Daredevil has not only defeated him more than once, but has – to Bullseye's mind – insulted him by causing him to miss a target, something he has never done before.
Height: 6'
Weight: 185 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown.
Uniform: Black bodysuit with two white circles between the neck and shoulders, around the head; white gloves; white boots; black cowl with a bull's-eye pattern on the forehead; white belt with a pouch on the right hip.
Strength Level: Bullseye possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: None.
Other Abilities: Bullseye is an expert at throwing all sorts of odd items – most of which are not normally aerodynamic, such as playing cards – as weapons. He is well-versed in human pressure points.
Paraphernalia: In his pouch, Bullseye carries a deck of playing cards, several ballpoint pens, a few chopsticks, a few knives, and a number of shuriken.

Bullseye: You're good, baby, I'll give you that. But me, I'm magic. – Daredevil

400 points
Attributes:
ST 14 [40]; DX 14 [80]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d/2d; BL 39 lbs; HP 14 [0]; Will 14 [15]; Per 13 [10]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.5 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 10.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: Ambidexterity [5]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Daredevil [15]; Extra Attack 1 [25]; Hard to Kill 3 [6]; Hard to Subdue 3 [6]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Perfect Throw 4 [40]; Striking ST +3 (One Attack Only: Thrown Weapons, -60%) [6]; Very Fit [15]; Weapon Master (Thrown Weapons) [40].
Perks: Dirty Fighting [1]; Doodad 3 [3]; Eye For Distance [1]; Special Exercises (Striking ST +1) 3 [3].
Disadvantages: Addiction (Murder) [-5]; Bloodlust (6) [-20]; Bully (9) [-15]; Callous [-5]; Code of Honor (Professional) [-5]; Obsession (Kill Daredevil) (12) [-5]; Overconfidence (12) [-5]; Secret Identity (Possible Death) [-30].
Quirks: Goal (Recognized as Best Assassin Ever) [-1]; Proud [-1]; Show-Off [-1]; Taunts Enemies [-1].
Skills: Acrobatics (H) DX+0 [4] – 14; Boxing (A) DX+0 [2] – 14; Camouflage (E) IQ+0 [1] – 11; Driving/TL8 (Motorcycle) DX+1 [4] – 15; Escape (H) DX+0 [4] – 14; Fast-Draw (Knife) (E) DX+2 [2] – 16*; Forced Entry (E) DX+0 [1] – 14; Guns/TL8 (Rifle) (E) DX+0 [1] – 14; Guns/TL8 (SMG) (E) DX+0 [1] – 14; Holdout (A) IQ+4 [12] – 15†; Jumping (E) DX+2 [4] – 16; Karate (H) DX+0 [4] – 14; Lifting (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Observation (A) Per+1 [4] – 14; Parry Missile Weapons (H) DX+1 [8] – 15; Pressure Points (Human) (H) IQ+1 [8] – 12; Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Savoir-Faire (Mafia) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Sleight of Hand (H) DX+1 [8] – 15; Soldier/TL8 (A) IQ+0 [2] – 11; Stealth (A) DX+1 [4] – 15; Streetwise (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Throwing Art (H) DX+10 [28] – 24‡; Wrestling (A) DX+0 [2] – 14.
Techniques: Targeted Attack (Throwing Art/Neck) (H) def+1 [2] – 18; Targeted Attack (Throwing Art/Vitals) (H) def+1 [2] – 19.
Starting Spending Money: $4,000 (20% of Starting Wealth)

* Includes +1 from Combat Reflexes
† Defaulted from Sleight of Hand
‡ Includes +4 from Perfect Throw

New Talent:
Perfect Throw: Bolas, Dropping, Innate Attack (Projectile), Lasso, Sling, Spear Thrower, Throwing, Throwing Art, Thrown Weapon. May also give a conditional bonus to various Sports skills that use throwing, such as Sports (Baseball) and Sports (American Football). Reaction Bonus: Sportsmen, fans of sports involving throwing, warriors of pre-TL4 cultures. 10 points per level.
Bulls-eye strikes me as an obvious candidate for prodiguous use of imbuements. SOme of the stuff he does can't really be replicated otherwise.
B9anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #426
Daigoro

Quote:
BULLSEYE

I could've sworn that this was known, but Wikipedia tells me that he's been known by a few names and none are definitive.
Quote:
400 points
Attributes:
ST 14 [40]; DX 14 [80]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 12 [20].
I would've said DX 16 or 18, and give Daredevil similar or a slight edge, but I guess that's a matter of taste and would lead to a long discussion on stat-normalisation.
Quote:
Skills: Acrobatics (H) DX+0 [4] – 14; Boxing (A) DX+0 [2] – 14;
I'd also easily push for more points in these, and Karate.
Quote:
Fast-Draw (Knife) (E) DX+2 [2] – 16*;
I think he'd need Fast-Draw for all his projectiles, esp playing cards and shuriken.
Quote:
Techniques: Targeted Attack (Throwing Art/Neck) (H) def+1 [2] – 18; Targeted Attack (Throwing Art/Vitals) (H) def+1 [2] – 19.
Nice.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:25 AM   #427
Captain-Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by B9anders View Post
Bulls-eye strikes me as an obvious candidate for prodiguous use of imbuements. SOme of the stuff he does can't really be replicated otherwise.
Guided and homing weapon for sure.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #428
Captain-Captain

Quote:
And finally:

WATSON, MARY JANE

Occupation: College student pursuing a performance arts major, part-time stage actress.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.
Identity: Mary Jane Watson does not use a dual identity.
Other Aliases: "MJ".
Place of Birth: Queens, New York.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: Phillip (father), Madeline (mother), Gayle (sister), Judge Spencer Watson (uncle), Anna May Watson (aunt).
Group Affiliation: None.
Base of Operations: New York City.
History: Mary Jane Watson grew up in the borough of Queens next door to May and Ben Parker, and was friendly towards their nephew Peter, although she and Peter tended to socialize with different groups in high school (see Parker, May; Spider-Man; Deceased: Parker, Ben). Her parents fought constantly, and after being accepted at Empire State University moved out of her parents' house in Queens to live on-campus in Manhattan.

To the casual observer, Mary Jane is a fun-loving, extroverted woman who delights in having like-minded people around her. However, her close friends – which currently include Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy, and Harry Osborn – know that the carefree exterior masks a sensitive soul who is afraid of getting emotionally hurt (see Osborn, Harry; Stacy, Gwen). Mary Jane and Gwen are well aware of each other's feelings towards Peter; unlike Gwen, however, Mary Jane knows that Peter and Spider-Man are one and the same. She apparently learned this not long after Peter had become Spider-Man, after she saw Peter run into his Aunt May's house and Spider-Man emerge from an upstairs window.
Height: 5' 8".
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eyes: Green.
Hair: Red.
Uniform: None.
Strength Level: Mary Jane Watson possesses the normal human strength of a woman her age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: None.
Other Abilities: Mary Jane is a skilled stage actress, dancer, and singer, and has studied directing for the stage and dance choreography.

Mary Jane Watson: "Face it, Tiger. You just hit the jackpot." – Amazing Spider-Man

75 points
Attributes:
ST 10 [0]; DX 11 [20]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs; HP 10 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 12 [5]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 5.75 [0]; Basic Speed 5 [0]; Dodge 8.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western (Native) [0].
Advantages: Appearance (Beautiful) [12]; Fashion Sense [5]; Social Chameleon [5]; Voice [10].
Perks: Classic Features (Classic Redhead) [1]; Photogenic [1].
Disadvantages: Chummy [-5]; Compulsive Carousing (9) [-7]; Low Self-Image [-10]; Pacifism (Self-Defense Only) [-15]; Wealth (Struggling) [-10].
Quirks: Congenial [-1]; Responsive [-1].
Skills: Breath Control (H) HT+0 [4] – 12; Carousing (E) HT+2 [4] – 14; Connoisseur (Dance) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 11; Current Affairs/TL8 (Popular Culture) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 11; Dancing (A) DX+1 [4] – 12; Driving/TL8 (Motorcycle) (A) DX-1 [1] – 10; Group Performance (Choreography) (A) IQ+0 [1] – 11*; Leadership (A) IQ-1 [1] – 10; Makeup/TL8 (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Performance (A) IQ+1 [1] – 12†; Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 11; Sewing/TL8 (E) DX+0 [1] – 11; Sex Appeal (Human) (A) HT+5 [1] – 17†‡; Singing (E) HT+2 [1] – 14†.
Starting Spending Money: $2,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Defaulted from Dancing.
† Includes +2 from Voice.
‡ Includes +4 from Appearance.
Depending on when she's used, Addiction Tobbacco would be another Disadvantage.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #429
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by B9anders
It is possible that the write-up could be made more efficient/effective by using imbuements, though I cannot say for sure, since I have not gotten past my distaste for the mechanic. tbrock's write-up does seem to convey what he wants, though. Remember that these write-ups are not necessarily supposed to perfectly model the characters from the comics, but are rebooted versions made to populate a different continuity.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:42 AM   #430
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
It is possible that the write-up could be made more efficient/effective by using imbuements, though I cannot say for sure, since I have not gotten past my distaste for the mechanic. tbrock's write-up does seem to convey what he wants, though.
I did at one point consider imbuements for Bullseye, but decided against it because it didn't fit the flavor I was going for. This Bullseye isn't pulling off totally implausible stuff like in the movie Wanted (such as firing a bullet in a circular arc), but closer to pulling off stunts from the Daredevil movie... which are plausible using only a throwing talent and Throwing Art skill. (I saw a YouTube video one time of someone throwing playing cards with a skill similar to Bullseye's - sorry, I didn't save the link.)

Last edited by Phantasm; 07-21-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men