Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #11
GlennDoren

Default Re: October date for PDF?

I'm assuming the PDFs will be updated and available via your online store? When you say minor edits/changes may not trigger a re-send of the PDFs, you simply mean you won't send out emails/updates. But we can still grab the updated PDF as it's updated in your online store, no? Or am I missing something here?

It seems you would want the online store PDFs to match the latest version in the box...?
GlennDoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #12
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
Not sure what definition of *proof-reading* includes the act of petitioning for rules-alterations
Oh, believe me, we have lots of correspondents who don't distinguish between literal proofreading and "send us all your comments." Phil's definition is the same as yours but he would like it if others understood that definition. As was said: setting expectations.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:58 PM   #13
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Glenn- Short answer is yes. But if the changes are minor we might not initiate an automatic second wave. What we archive in W23 will be fully updated. It is the non-W23 users about whom I worry.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:26 AM   #14
GlennDoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Glenn- Short answer is yes. But if the changes are minor we might not initiate an automatic second wave. What we archive in W23 will be fully updated. It is the non-W23 users about whom I worry.
Cool--that's reasonable. If anyone wants to snag the latest/greatest, they can always head to WH23 and grab it. I presume that's how the PDFs for the KS will be distributed, and we can always head back to the site to ensure we have the latest.

Thanks Steve!
Old 08-05-2018, 12:17 PM   #15
Venomous Filigree

I'm planning on running some TFT at Dragonaze 6 October. It would be great if I had the new rules.
Venomous Filigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:25 PM   #16
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
Not sure what definition of *proof-reading* includes the act of petitioning for rules-alterations; and even more mystified why it is being brought forth in response to my post - which is specifically limited to the subject of: proof-reading.

JK
And yet, every time I've sent out a preview copy of a draft/game/whatever of my own at the end, it's usually with the following note:

1) Please send responses to my email address, as the various other forums (Discord, Kickstarter comments, forum posts, my blog) don't allow me to ensure the work is done by using an unread/read message as a checklist

2) Please only report errata and proofing errors, meaning (a) I got spelling/grammar wrong, or (b) I biffed a point cost or application of a rule, and

3) "I'd do this differently" or "I don't like this" isn't an error it's an opinion, and

4) If you do send me something, it needs to be within a word or two of the original text so as not to break layout

and every time, folks break these. Sometimes all of them at once.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #17
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
And yet, every time I've sent out a preview copy of a draft/game/whatever of my own at the end, it's usually with the following note:

1) Please send responses to my email address, as the various other forums (Discord, Kickstarter comments, forum posts, my blog) don't allow me to ensure the work is done by using an unread/read message as a checklist

2) Please only report errata and proofing errors, meaning (a) I got spelling/grammar wrong, or (b) I biffed a point cost or application of a rule, and

3) "I'd do this differently" or "I don't like this" isn't an error it's an opinion, and

4) If you do send me something, it needs to be within a word or two of the original text so as not to break layout - and every time, folks break these. Sometimes all of them at once.
With the key aspect being the professional and gentlemanly *tone* which you employ in your communications.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 08-05-2018 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Typo
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:35 AM   #18
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

This is not a done deal yet, but Phil and I are both of the opinion that it would be good, if feasible, to send Melee and Wizard PDFs as soon as the campaign ends, rather than waiting till ALL the books are ready.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #19
afschell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
This is not a done deal yet, but Phil and I are both of the opinion that it would be good, if feasible, to send Melee and Wizard PDFs as soon as the campaign ends, rather than waiting till ALL the books are ready.
THAT would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by afschell; 08-07-2018 at 04:51 PM.
afschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #20
GlennDoren

That would be awesome. Get people rolling asap.