Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 09-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #1
random.brown

Default Captive Group Excited for March 2019

Good Afternoon!

I'm happily the lead GM/DM/Referee of what I call my "Captive" gaming group, my wife and kids. So far they've enjoyed various RPGs and boardgames over the years, but the complexity and "crunch" of the RPGs has been an issue.

So I'm really excited to get TFT in March, to try 3x5 card-level complexity on them! I missed TFT as a kid--my first pocket-box SJ game was Car Wars, then Ogre and Battlesuit.

I still have my Cardboard Heroes from Man to Man, I can use those too, right?

Come on, MARCH!
random.brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
CJM

Default Re: Captive Group Excited for March 2019

I think your family will really like TFT. My kids have played a couple of RPG's but when I started running TFT for them (and their friend) they don't want to play anything other then TFT. This is what they said to me about the game. Now keep in mind they are in their early teens.

The game is easy to understand.
The game is hard to survive (They like the challenge).
The Game is quick as far as combat/game play.
Their friend said "the risk of death makes it so intense"

They had such a ball the last session, it was fun to watch them joke, laugh, and be as animated as I have ever seen them... lots of fun indeed.
The PDF is coming out in October so we can a least get the updated rules and play around with them. I think you will find GMing is easy and allows for more game play and less looking up the rules. I always felt I am the most creative as a GM using this system. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
CJM is offline   Reply With Quote