Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 10-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
PriusGuy2004

Default Munchkin: Legends Questions

Today during the lunch hour at work, a couple friends and I played Munchkin: Legends. We didn't make it through a complete game, but that's ok. Anyway, since I am still relatively new to the game, a few questions have formed in my brain:

1) Of my initial four Treasure cards, I got the "Blessing of the Gods" which gives me a +3 bonus. There is no indication on the bottom of the card that it is an item (no indication of a gold value or "No Value"). Am I assuming correctly that this is a continuing bonus that I can keep in play (carrying and in use) throughout the game since it doesn't say anything like "usable only once"?

2) When a player kicks open the door, the card is placed face up for all players to see. If the card isn't a monster or a curse, you can put it in your hand or play it immediately. So, stating the obvious here...but, if you don't play the card, that would mean people may know at least one card you have in your hand, yes?

3) Kind of stemming off of question #2, if you drew a Wandering Monster card during Kick Open the Door, everyone would see it, but the Wandering Monster really isn't a monster, so you could then go to the Look for Trouble phase of your turn to see if you have a monster to play (and hopefully kill). Does this all sound right?

4) Can you play a Wandering Monster card on your own turn so you are fighting two monsters (again, with hopes of winning the battle) and then go up one or more levels for each killed monster? Or are Wandering Monsters only to be used for other players who are currently in combat?

Thanks, in advance, for the help.
PriusGuy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munchkin: Legends Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusGuy2004 View Post
1) Of my initial four Treasure cards, I got the "Blessing of the Gods" which gives me a +3 bonus...Am I assuming correctly that this is a continuing bonus that I can keep in play (carrying and in use) throughout the game since it doesn't say anything like "usable only once"?
Yes.

Quote:
2) When a player kicks open the door, the card is placed face up for all players to see. If the card isn't a monster or a curse, you can put it in your hand or play it immediately. So, stating the obvious here...but, if you don't play the card, that would mean people may know at least one card you have in your hand, yes?
Yes.

Quote:
3) Kind of stemming off of question #2, if you drew a Wandering Monster card during Kick Open the Door, everyone would see it, but the Wandering Monster really isn't a monster, so you could then go to the Look for Trouble phase of your turn to see if you have a monster to play (and hopefully kill). Does this all sound right?
Yes.

Quote:
4) Can you play a Wandering Monster card on your own turn so you are fighting two monsters (again, with hopes of winning the battle) and then go up one or more levels for each killed monster?
Yes.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
PriusGuy2004

Thank you, Andrew!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

Quote:
1) Of my initial four Treasure cards, I got the "Blessing of the Gods" which gives me a +3 bonus. There is no indication on the bottom of the card that it is an item (no indication of a gold value or "No Value"). Am I assuming correctly that this is a continuing bonus that I can keep in play (carrying and in use) throughout the game since it doesn't say anything like "usable only once"?
Just for the sake of completeness, here's where the rules (with my added emphasis) explain why you keep that card in play:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules--Other Treasures
Other Treasure cards (like Go Up a Level cards) are “specials.” You may play these at any time, unless the card itself says otherwise. Follow the card’s instructions, then discard it, unless it has a persistent bonus like an Item.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
PriusGuy2004

Makes sense. Thanks agin to both of you. Always appreciate the help!

Tags
legends, monster, treasure, trouble, wandering