Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Daily Illuminator

Old 10-31-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
RoboAdmin
Spam Assassin

Default November 1, 2017: Wrap Up Your Holiday Shopping With The Munchkin Gift Pack!

November 1, 2017: Wrap Up Your Holiday Shopping With The Munchkin Gift Pack!

Read this article on the Illuminator.
RoboAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:22 AM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: November 1, 2017: Wrap Up Your Holiday Shopping With The Munchkin Gift Pack!

Bummer. I'd like the five new cards, but can't justify rebuying everything else in it for them. Ah well. Great deal for those that can use it, though.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #3
Dr. Zoltar

Default Re: November 1, 2017: Wrap Up Your Holiday Shopping With The Munchkin Gift Pack!

I'm not pleased that two of these items were promoted as Walgreen's exclusives only to have them show up in this gift pack with new promo items. That means they really aren't exclusives. I feel a bit shafted for having spent extra time and effort to get these. And now I'll miss out on more promo cards. Not a good move SJG.
Dr. Zoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

They were Walgreens exclusives at the time they were promoted as such.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:47 PM   #5
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zoltar View Post
I'm not pleased that two of these items were promoted as Walgreen's exclusives only to have them show up in this gift pack with new promo items. ...
For those of us who don't live in the USA, we finally have a chance to buy those sets without paying a ruinous customs fee.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:31 AM   #6
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
I'm not pleased that two of these items were promoted as Walgreen's exclusives only to have them show up in this gift pack with new promo items. That means they really aren't exclusives.
We have publicized our thoughts on exclusivity before, and we have not changed our approach to exclusive deals with retailers and mass chains. In 2013, we wrote:

"What we have been doing, though, and will continue to do when it's right for our games, is limited-time or unique-collectible exclusive releases."

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/April_12_2013

We will continue this approach to exclusives until we determine a need to change our approach. If there is a change, then we will make an announcement to the company blog, the Daily Illuminator, which we have been using for announcements for over two decades:

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:40 AM   #7
Dr. Zoltar

Thank you for the clarification. I was unaware of the 2013 decision.

I do hope the promos bundled with this gift pack are available other ways further down the line.
Dr. Zoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:28 PM   #8
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Thank you for the clarification. I was unaware of the 2013 decision.
No problem. There is _a lot_ of information in the world. I only remember things like this because it consumes 110% of my brain activity each day.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:33 PM   #9
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Bummer. I'd like the five new cards, but can't justify rebuying everything else in it for them.
We designed this as a gift pack so that the set can be broken down and distributed/gifted. If you keep the cards inside . . . well, we won't know.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:44 PM   #10
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We designed this as a gift pack so that the set can be broken down and distributed/gifted. If you keep the cards inside . . . well, we won't know.
If I hadn't already purchased one of the items as a gift (and had nobody to give the other two to, really) that's exactly what I'd do. As it is, purchasing it makes no sense for me, so I'll just have to live without those cards.

You guys have been cranking out promos at such an absurd rate of late, I'd long since given up on trying to get them. Holiday cards were the last thing I was really trying to keep complete on, since I liked the idea of having EVERYTHING for our traditional annual Holiday-themed game. Guess I'll give up on that now, too. (Getting all the cards, I mean. I'm not giving up the tradition!)
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote