Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 02-21-2018, 04:04 AM   #1
Psychotime

Default Adding an activation to an Innate Attack

Currently been adding a custom data file with a power set that follows the Skills for Everyone (P162) rules, akin to how most Psionic powers are written up. I set "mode activate" and assign a skill. This makes a little activation roll pop up on the sheet (roll to activate: X (Skill)), which is nice and convenient. I know what tags to add to make this work, for the most part.

But I notice that for advantages that run off of Innate Attack, having that little bar pop up is really tricky. As far as I can tell, I can't add a second mode to the advantage that forgoes attack data, and so adding an activation cost doesn't work at all.

Is this impossible or am I doing it incorrectly?
Old 02-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Adding an activation to an Innate Attack

The "Roll to use" that is displayed under some advantages (e.g. Active IR or Telepathy) or is a function of the character sheet.

It looks like once a trait is placed on the combat tables because it has a reach() or rangemax() - Phoenix doesn't display the "Roll to use" anymore, so the only way you can that kind of note to trait with combat table listings is either with a modifier or by adding an entry in "User Notes" and having Phoenix show usernotes.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote