Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #51
ladyarcana55

Default Re: Torn Victor [Recruitment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneRonin View Post
Let's give it another two weeks and see if anyone else wants to throw their names in the hat.
Let's wait until after the holidays. It is a pretty crazy time of year.

Quote:
It's also covered in Tactical Shooting, which you guys are familiar with, right?
Yes!
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #52
TheOneRonin

Good point.

I'll leave this thread open until after the holidays.
TheOneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #53
TheOneRonin

Just throwing a post up here to keep us on the front page.

Has anyone had a chance to make some progress on character builds?
Old 12-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #54
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Just throwing a post up here to keep us on the front page.

Has anyone had a chance to make some progress on character builds?
Sorry, no. Things have been crazy but I will soon.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #55
Adina

Not really. I work retail and have family coming in.
Adina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #56
TheOneRonin

No rush.

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

We can begin capping tangos after the holidays.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #57
TheOneRonin

Hey, are there any web-based dice rollers that you guys like to use?

I haven't run a PBP game in a while, and the last one I used to use is no longer available.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #58
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
To tell you guys the truth, I thought I'd have more interest in this game than I've had. I'm willing to get started with as little as 3 players, though I'd probably increase the point values to 400 in order to get a good bit of the specialties covered.
You might generate more interest if you edit your posts on the first page to include your template and lenses. As it is people have to click through the whole thread to find them.

(I have been going back and forth on throwing my hat into the ring on this one, but reality based games with no fantastic elements and zero cinematic switches aren't really my usual cup of tea. so I just thought I'd pop in and drop the advice on making it easier for those who might be tempted to join in to find everything they need.)

Also, Invisible Castle is always a good option for online die rolls.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #59
TheOneRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
You might generate more interest if you edit your posts on the first page to include your template and lenses. As it is people have to click through the whole thread to find them.
Very good idea. I revised my opening post to include links to the base template and the different lenses. Hopefully that will make it a lot easier for those interested to get a feel for the game.

Quote:
(I have been going back and forth on throwing my hat into the ring on this one, but reality based games with no fantastic elements and zero cinematic switches aren't really my usual cup of tea. so I just thought I'd pop in and drop the advice on making it easier for those who might be tempted to join in to find everything they need.)
I think it's probably not a lot of people's cup of tea, which explains the relative dearth of interest. But that's okay...I certainly don't want someone in the game that isn't going to have fun or enjoy themselves.

Quote:
Also, Invisible Castle is always a good option for online die rolls.
Thanks for the advice...I'm checking it out now, and I think it's going to work nicely!
Old 12-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #60
ammulder

I'm interested in the genre... I would potentially play a face type, born to military parents on one base, grew up on another base each year, always had to learn a new language and fight the alpha male in the new school, and etc. Eventually figured out how to unruffle feathers well enough to fit in smoothly with the crowd du jour, but no matter what never really cut out to be a civilian... I was looking at US Army Special Forces + Intelligence and Face and the rest TBD.

Anyway, I have two concerns. The more important one is that it seems like you might be looking for a greater level of detail/realism that I'm comfortable with. As in, I'd like to say "I check around the corner for enemies in the hall" instead of "this turn I Step and Wait to the next 15-degree arc of corridor" and then we proceed to discuss whether Move and Wait was a maneuver allowed by the rules or strongly implied or got an official or unofficial nod by the editor... In any case I don't have the supplement books you recommended.

The less important one is can you tell us roughly where the mission(s) will take place? Because OOC I would like to work on a background (palette of languages & familiar locations) that will likely be relevant, and IC I assume those in command would staff the operation with those with the pertinent skills for it to succeed...
ammulder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, espionage, martial arts, tactical shooting, technical grappling