Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
johnnyRolePlayer

Default Munchkin Zombies Example Combat Question

Hi, in the example combat it has:

"Carol again: Hey, whoever helps me eat this guy gets a level. So I don’t feel like offering treasure. Who wants to help me for free?"

I do not understand why she said that. I know the Pizza Guy card says the helper gets a level and that that's why the guy Biff built it up (so he could offer help and get a level), but I do not understand why she says, "I don't feel like offering treasure."

I thought if one defeated a monster, by themselves or with help, that only that player gets the treasure cards.

Thanks.

edit: this is the asking for help, right? She offered Nicky no treasure but yes to go up a level. Why though? She just didn't like that Biff made her fight to begin with? Also, she could have bribed with the treasures but didn't?
johnnyRolePlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
bonetm

Default Re: Munchkin Zombies Example Combat Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyRolePlayer View Post
Hi, in the example combat it has:

"Carol again: Hey, whoever helps me eat this guy gets a level. So I don’t feel like offering treasure. Who wants to help me for free?"

I do not understand why she said that. I know the Pizza Guy card says the helper gets a level and that that's why the guy Biff built it up (so he could offer help and get a level), but I do not understand why she says, "I don't feel like offering treasure."

I thought if one defeated a monster, by themselves or with help, that only that player gets the treasure cards.

Thanks.

edit: this is the asking for help, right? She offered Nicky no treasure but yes to go up a level. Why though? She just didn't like that Biff made her fight to begin with? Also, she could have bribed with the treasures but didn't?
If you help someone win a combat you get nothing. No level, no treasure. The main player gets one level (two if the monster is very powerful and the card say so) and as many Treasure cards as the monster carts indicate.

So, if you can't beat by yourself it's customary to ask for help and say: "if you help me, I'll give X treasures", where X is a negotiatable number. The player may ask for X+1, X+2, for all the Treasures... But when the monster only has 1 Treasure, there's not much to negotiate. The main player offers his only Treasure for the help.

In this case, the monster card say that the helper gets one level, so the main player is saying: I'll not give my treasure, whoever helps me gets one level already.

Yes, she could have offered the Treasure to anyone who would help, but that's not smart, if she can get for less (she can't help "giving" one level to the helper, but the Treasure is not mandatory).
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
johnnyRolePlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
If you help someone win a combat you get nothing. No level, no treasure. The main player gets one level (two if the monster is very powerful and the card say so) and as many Treasure cards as the monster carts indicate.

So, if you can't beat by yourself it's customary to ask for help and say: "if you help me, I'll give X treasures", where X is a negotiatable number. The player may ask for X+1, X+2, for all the Treasures... But when the monster only has 1 Treasure, there's not much to negotiate. The main player offers his only Treasure for the help.

In this case, the monster card say that the helper gets one level, so the main player is saying: I'll not give my treasure, whoever helps me gets one level already.

Yes, she could have offered the Treasure to anyone who would help, but that's not smart, if she can get for less (she can't help "giving" one level to the helper, but the Treasure is not mandatory).
But why didn't she get Biff's help?
johnnyRolePlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
bonetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyRolePlayer View Post
But why didn't she get Biff's help?
If you could choose, who would you pick? Someone who has JUST screwed you or anybody else but this guy? That's why.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat, zombies