Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
pytviper

Default Munchkin Zombies Bowling Clarification

My family and I recently got into a disagreement about the bowling card rules during a game. I would appreciate clarification.

My son had the following cards in play:

Bowling Trophy +2
Bowling Ball +2
Bowling Shirt +1

Am I correct the the values would be as follows:

Bowling Trophy +3
Bowling Ball +3
Bowling Shirt +2

Finally, he played BOWLING LEAGUE. Does he get any ADDITIONAL combat strength if ALL the bowling cards were in his own hand? Or does BOWLING LEAGUE only affect bowling cards others have in play? Adding additional combat strength only for bowling cards others have and NOT recounting the cards he has?

Thank you for taking the time to answer this problem.

Bill
pytviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:21 AM   #2
d-vils_wingman

Default Re: Munchkin Zombies Bowling Clarification

The individual cards wouldn't have bonuses added to them, but the ensemble would, combined, provide the bonus. So, Bowling Trophy, with +2, Bowling Ball, with +2, and Bowling Shirt, with +1, would all retain their normal bonuses, and you would get an extra +3 bonus because you have 3 bowling items. If you have the Bowling Shoes as well, you would get a +4 bonus on top of the combined printed value of each. You wouldn't get any extra bonuses for having just one bowling item.
As for the Bowling League, it specifies cards that are in play regardless of who owns them. Cards in hand are not in play and since it must be played in combat, you could not play them from your hand after Bowling League had been played.
d-vils_wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Munchkin Zombies Bowling Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-vils_wingman View Post
The individual cards wouldn't have bonuses added to them, but the ensemble would, combined, provide the bonus. So, Bowling Trophy, with +2, Bowling Ball, with +2, and Bowling Shirt, with +1, would all retain their normal bonuses, and you would get an extra +3 bonus because you have 3 bowling items. If you have the Bowling Shoes as well, you would get a +4 bonus on top of the combined printed value of each. You wouldn't get any extra bonuses for having just one bowling item.
This is correct, this is a separate bonus that accumulates by the number of Bowling Items in your possession.

Quote:
As for the Bowling League, it specifies cards that are in play regardless of who owns them. Cards in hand are not in play and since it must be played in combat, you could not play them from your hand after Bowling League had been played.
One thing worth noting is that one doesn't get the special cumulative bonus for other bowling Items other players own, so though you might get to add all their bonuses to yours, you don't get the extra +1 for each. You also don't count Items you already own again, which was part of the OP's question. So if I have two bowling Items, and some other player has two bowling Items, I'm in combat and play Bowling League, I add the printed bonuses of the two bowling Items the other player has to my combat strength (which already includes the bowling Items I have in play plus the +2 ensemble bonus).
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bowling, zombies