Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #21
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: ZOMB!eS Apocalypse using GURPS [OOC]

Boy, this looks fun.

How about a girl scout?

Also, I don't have GCA. What format do you want the character sheet in on the pdf?
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #22
Grey_Fox

If you have room for 1 more, i am thinking cop
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:47 AM   #23
Dragyn

Withdrawing my interest. Not on you, gurpsguy, but because despite my initial enthusiasm, I have failed to become properly inspired.

Game on, though, I'll be reading avidly. :)

<><
Dragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #24
gurpsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldrine View Post
Open to feedback...

Concept #1
A Bear Grylls character -- a semi-popular survivalist on television. He knows a great deal about urban and wilderness survival from either training or television or both. Relatively good shape, and knows a bunch of tricks. But the catch is that he has never actually used his knowledge -- he always used trick camerawork or stunt doubles or similar things. So while he might know where to find beetle grubs (they did a segment on it in season thirteen), he has never actually eaten them (they switched out to jellybeans as they changed the shot) -- he just made a face like he was eating something horrible while he munched down on some candy. Now he actually has to do the things he was supposed to be doing all along on television, and he absolutely hates it.

Concept #2
A highly functional, borderline autistic young man. Worked in his father's office (his father was a doctor). Along the way he picked up a great deal of medical knowledge -- he is a borderline savant in that respect. But because of his condition, he is fearless (both in the positive and negative senses of the word). His medical ability makes him invaluable to the group, but it also places them in a position where they need to act as his survival instinct.

Concept #3
A man in his late twenties, his family had run a mortuary for several decades. He inherited it when his father died unexpectedly. He never cared for the business -- he found dealing with the dead to be a ghastly line of work. So despite his promise to his father on his deathbed to take over and continue to run the family business, he sold it the moment he had a buyer. That way he wouldn't have to talk with all of the grieving family members (he was never good with people like that) and, most importantly, he never had to see another dead body again as long as he lived.
I like concept#1. Or, if concept#3 was still active as a mortitian when the outbreak occurs that would be AWESOME! LOL
gurpsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #25
gurpsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
It's incredibly convenient that I just recently watched a whole marathon of Resident Evil movies + made 9 characters for Zombie Australia game about 3 weeks ago.

I can play pretty much anything. Now that I'm on a roll with female chars, how about a female doctor?

I can PDF the char, or send it in GCA, doesn't matter.

Marko
Sounds great. Work up a character and email it to me so I can approve it.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #26
gurpsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Boy, this looks fun.

How about a girl scout?

Also, I don't have GCA. What format do you want the character sheet in on the pdf?
Sounds funny, that could work. Work up a character concept and email me the gca &/or pdf so I can approve it. As far as format, I don't know. What format do you usually use to make characters for GURPS 4th edition? I mean, as long as it is readable and the points all add up properly we should be good. Perhaps Excel, or a word processing program such as Word or Office?

Last edited by gurpsguy; 07-23-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #27
gurpsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Fox View Post
If you have room for 1 more, i am thinking cop
I got your gca file and I will check it out tonight soon as I can get to my computer and get back to you. The concept you wrote sounds good so far.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
gurpsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragwulf View Post
Withdrawing my interest. Not on you, gurpsguy, but because despite my initial enthusiasm, I have failed to become properly inspired.

Game on, though, I'll be reading avidly. :)
Okay. Sorry to hear you're withdrawing your interest. Personally, the fireman concept was my favorite. Hopefully you will change your mind and decide to join us. Keep in mind I'm willing to work you into the game at any point.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #29
gurpsguy

Hello everyone,
Quick update. I will be checking out all the character sheet first drafts tonight. Looks like we have a good amount of interest for 24 hours or so from posting the interest OOC. Also looks like we have a good group of interesting characters. This should be lots of fun. If all goes well I may try to kick off the IC game thread tonight or tomorrow. At this point not only am I interested in more new players but also thoughts on the game. How's everyone feeling or thinking for the kick off, or any cool ideas for where you might like things to start? No guarantees I will take anyone's advice, but you never know. LOL. This will just be for fun and to help inspire. Let's hear your thoughts guys and girls.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #30
sheldrine

Putting the finishing touches on Elmer Peabody now (better known as Mick Williams, "The Ultimate Survivor"). I went with a combination of #1 and #3 (couldn't work #2 in there). Mortician background, went to the army to get out of the business, kicked out of the military, changed his name and became famous. Now he is back in Detroit to visit his dying father (wait, doesn't he have an Australian accent? And he grew up in Detroit?).

I am an hour or two of tweaking away from having him ready to go. I will post a link to his pdf when I am done.
sheldrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, gurps 4e, gurps 4th edition, zombies