Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #11
Blazinjsin

Default Re: Box Dividers Sold Separately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokomis View Post
even easier. Pull out the divider, flip it over, and now it holds two decks separately. One bin on either side rather than one in the middle.
You're thinking of the old dividers. The new ones are split into 4.

Check out my trades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 🍕
Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #12
Nokomis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazinjsin View Post
You're thinking of the old dividers. The new ones are split into 4.
exactly. The OP is wanting to go from the old 1 bin box to the new 4 bin box, asking if the 4 bin divider would ever be available for sale, which it doesn't sound like it will be.

However, if you just flip the old 1 bin divider over its now a 2 bin box. When I opened the Apocalypse box I got for xmas I was immediately struck with the 4 bins and loved it.

*edit

Oh, ok, I see what that other post was saying. Nevermind. Though I still stand by the idea of flipping the old "divider" over and making it a 2 bin box.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #13
MangoTru7h

I pulled the devider out and made a patern. I had some white card stock around and made a copy devider for star munchkin. It does look home made and its a little too tall in the middle, where all the folds meet.

Here's a picture. It doesn't look too bad. Took me about 30 minutes one Saturday morning.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #14
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

BTW, credit where it's due: our wizard Production Manager, Sam Mitschke, designed the insert and worked with our Chinese factory to make it work.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #15
Wulf684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
BTW, credit where it's due: our wizard Production Manager, Sam Mitschke, designed the insert and worked with our Chinese factory to make it work.
I would've pressed the 'Like' button if I could, but instead this quote will have to do.

I received the latest printing of Deluxe Illuminati which also includes the new divider. It is very well designed and works like a charm.
MIB #0684
Old 01-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #16
chrism_morgan

here is a small idea, maybe a Warehouse23, excluisve, for the part dividers, kind of like all the other exclusive stuff they sell, like with the game board and stuff, just a thought.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:59 AM   #17
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism_morgan View Post
here is a small idea, maybe a Warehouse23, excluisve, for the part dividers, kind of like all the other exclusive stuff they sell, like with the game board and stuff, just a thought.
The printing cost is the issue. The dividers are on pretty stiff cardboard, and then diecut and scored before folding; that's not something that can be done just anywhere. (We'd have to replicate the die or go back to the same factory, for starters.) Printing something that intricate in small quantities is expensive -- so expensive that we're pretty sure we couldn't sell very many. And printing enough of them that the cost comes down means printing so many that we're certain we can't sell them all, which is wasteful and leads to unpleasant inventory taxes.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
The printing cost is the issue. The dividers are on pretty stiff cardboard, and then diecut and scored before folding; that's not something that can be done just anywhere. (We'd have to replicate the die or go back to the same factory, for starters.) Printing something that intricate in small quantities is expensive -- so expensive that we're pretty sure we couldn't sell very many. And printing enough of them that the cost comes down means printing so many that we're certain we can't sell them all, which is wasteful and leads to unpleasant inventory taxes.
Maybe work something out with Ponoko or 100kgarages where people who want one could pay them to do the production

of course, if SJ Games does something like that, there's suggestions for some other product lines and 3D Printing
Old 01-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #19
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
Maybe work something out with Ponoko or 100kgarages where people who want one could pay them to do the production
I appreciate the suggestions, but right now I'm afraid the answer is that we aren't interested in other options. If we want to make them, we will, and to the quality standards you have all come to expect.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #20
DimebagDrl

One last thought on this; Would it be possible to order extra on the next printing of a base set the way SJGames has done in the past with Dice? That way the cost would be lower and the order amount wouldn't be excessive.
Closed Thread

Tags
dividers, zombies