Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #71
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: God Slayers [IC]

The conversation (and dinner continues) in like manner. No one is really all that interested in backing off. As they close to desert, Herazian asks

"So did you guys have any rules in mind for this fight? things that can't be done? distances that we start at? I kind of have my own, but why come this close if you didn't have other rules you wanted to agree to?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #72
the_matrix_walker

"It's always wise to learn all you can about your adversary in a conflict. What are your plans for this world if you are able to conquer it?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #73
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"I plan to live and rule as a God ought to and bring this world into the resplendian sphere. I will demonstrate I'm worthy of my race. Your turn to answer, since this is about information gathering: What do you plan to do with this world if you happen to win?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 07-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #74
the_matrix_walker

"Nothing. They should be allowed to govern themselves."
Old 07-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #75
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Herazian: "You're either a liar or fool. I think I'm ready to end this little picknick."

He tenses, ready for combat to start at any moment.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #76
LemmingLord

Bigfoot will put up a claw and execute his lycanthrope invulnerability spell ritual.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #77
the_matrix_walker

The warrior rises and stand before his quarry, he extends his sword toward his foe, then sweeps it upward and nods his head in a salutatory gesture.

"Then let us begin..."

((OOC: When the pleasantries are done and it goes to Basic Speed, Ward and his second shadow's 'gestalt' will attempt to grapple their foe. The Avatar will Wait until the grapple is resolved or until Harzian attempts to move out of range, then attacks with cutting damage to try and draw blood.))
Old 07-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #78
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Herazian is substantially less honorable than his foes. Or at least he trusts them a lot less.

He flicks a finger and a large explosion goes off in the middle of the picnic, knocking things every which way, while he himself teleports 20 yards away from the site. The blanket they were using has a hole scorched in it.

attack roll vs hex: skill 17 + 4 (targeting hex) vs 10
damage roll 2d *10 double knockback only explosion2 = 6*10*2 = 120 knockback at 1 yard for Bigfoot, 1.5 yards for Avatar:

Herazian is not moved by the knockback, and was 1.5 yards away from it.

Bigfoot takes 60 knockback, Avatar takes 40. They go two yards back each and must make a roll against DX, acrobatics, or judo at -1 to keep their balance. If Avatar wishes he may attempt to dodge by retreating, reducing his knockback (I don't see a point there, but he can do it).

Order of Action:
Herazian
Ward Copy
Bigfoot

OCC: Ward has NFM on the DX but not the disadvantage NFM and he has TK. Hmmm... odd. I thought we had this all worked out!

Old 07-31-2014, 07:56 PM   #79
the_matrix_walker

(What is the distance between the Avatar and Herazian?)

Ward's Avatar brings his sword into fighting position, and Waits (For Herazian to move within attack range, or for his immaterial form's turn to coordinate his attack with an illusory distraction.)

((OOC: His native form has "No Manipulators" and thus qualifies for the limitation. His DX increase over the racial 10 is not part of a template, and so carries over, regardless of limitations. See Here

You can have no arms and TK, just like you can have No Legs and Flight, or Blind and a Scanning Sense. See Here))
Old 07-31-2014, 09:31 PM   #80
LemmingLord

(rolled a 9 on my dx roll)

Bigfoot slides back - then looks at the damaged food and lets out a mournful wail.

If there is anything left that might be contain magic guy-spit-DNA, Bigfoot will shove as much of the debris into his face and into his dimensional pocket there.

If not or after, Bigfoot will circle Herzian and try to be the aggressor..
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
god slayers