Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-18-2015, 05:04 PM   #201
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: God Slayers [IC]

Herazian desperately tries to roll away, right up to bigfoot's mystical creature.

dodge: 10 + 3 (retreat) - 2 (deceptive) -3 (prone) 8 vs 12,15 -- two hits
Damage 2.5 *2d = 2.5 *8, 2.5 * 11 = 20-1,27.5-1 = 28.5,40.75 -- (HP/4, HP/2)
Knockdown HT 12 vs 9
Impairment -4 HT 12 vs 14

The wounds are piling up on the resplendian. He hasn't fallen yet, but he's slowed way down (-4 to most skill rolls, -2 to defenses). He tries to fire off another beam, but his arm just spasms in pain.

Use arm: will 13 vs 14

The giant bird slashes at the resplendian, but its just a glancing blow.

Attack: brawling 13 vs 7
Dodge: 10 +1(non-forward evasive movement) - 2 (impairment) -3 (prone) 6 vs 7
Damage: 2.5*2d = 2.5 * 3 = 7.5 -10 = 0

OCC:
Thought he was getting low.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:16 PM   #202
the_matrix_walker

The avatar repeats the same rapid strike with two points of deception...

2 deceptive strokes, Effective Skill 13: (3d6=8, 3d6=10)

Ward and his shadow are ready to defend, leaving offense to the Avatar, as he seems to be getting the job done.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:20 AM   #203
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Avatar just keeps hacking away at his target:

Dodge 10 -3(prone) -2 (impairment) - 2(deception) = 3 vs 11,13
Damage 2.5*2d = 7,7 = 17.5-1,17.5-1 = 16.5*1.5,16.5*1.5 = 24.75,24.75 = 2 * (HP/4)
(impairment has already taken effect)

Herazian starts pushing himself up. The giant bird leaps on top of him to prevent his getting up.

Attack 13 vs 11
dodge 10 -2(kneeling) -2 (impairment) = 6 vs 7

Attack 20 - 6 (triple) = 14 vs 14,8,12
Dodge 10 - 2(kneeling) - 2(impaired) - 2 (grappled) = 4 vs 11,15,7
Damage 2.5*2d = 4,8,7 = 10-1,20-1,17.5-1 = 9*1.5,19*1.5,16.5*1.5 = 13.5,28.5,24.75 = 2 * (HP/4), (HP/8) -- one goes up a level!
Knockdown: HT 12 vs 11

Herazian finds that the bird is too strong to let him stand. He sees the perfect moment to fire off his attack and does so, but its a very weak burst of energy.

Will 13 vs 9
Attack 17 + 4 (self) + 4 (all out) - 4 (impairment) - 4 (grappled) - 6 (deceptive 3) = 11 vs 4 -- critical success!
Damage: 2d*10 = 3 = 30 cr
Avatar keep feet DX 13 vs 13 - success

The bird strikes at Herazian with it's beak as it holds on.
Attack 13 vs 9
Dodge 6 vs 15
damage 2.5 * 7 = 17.5-10 DR = 7.5 *1.5 (large impaling) = 11.25 (HP/8)

Attack 20 - 6 (triple) = 14 vs 12,8,16
Dodge 10 - 2(kneeling) - 2(impaired) - 2 (grappled) = 4 vs 13,15
Damage 2.5*2d = 3,9 = (HP/16), (HP/4)
Herazian: (HP/16)*2, (HP/8)*2, (HP/4), (HP/2)*2

Herazian attempts to throw off the bird, but fails to do so, his body exhausted from his wounds
DX 13 vs ST 18 -4(impairment)= 11 by 2 vs 13 by 1

We pan away from the action -- herazian is at a certain level of defeat, and the battle here is fairly predictable. It can be assumed he will be kept neutralized, and will continue to take damage, but slowly.

OCC: That crit is kind of sad! he gets lucky, and then he isn't lucky.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #204
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Hut arrives on the scene.

The bird is holding herazian on the ground, ward is keeping the resplendian from attacking, and avatar is hacking away with his weapon. Compared to the elegant, complicated battles they've heard of those two waging before, this is quite crude -- a beating more than a battle.

Herazian Wounds:
(HP/16) 1
(HP/8) 5
(HP/4) 4
(HP/2) 4

OCC: Yep, these wounds are freebies.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #205
the_matrix_walker

"Glad you could join us friends" Ward's voice calls out to Hut and her occupants...

"The Resplendian is subdued, but stubbornly will not perish from this world... but I doubt it will be much longer."
Old 03-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #206
LemmingLord

Bigg lumbers out the allied vehicle and gives a thumbs up. He then raises his furry furry brow, remembering that Herzian has an unknown ally who might steal away this victory if we aren't careful.

Bigg gives a thumbs up to his allies putting the beat down on Herzian before getting into spell casting mode.

Bigg's paws move like a praying mantis martial arts practitioner as he casts detect life, specifically the nearest life other than those Bigg already knows about.... He will do this over and over again like pinging radar to make sure no one is rapidly approaching... Unless he does detect an unknown companion, in which case he will point and ask avatar to kick his/hers arse.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #207
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Bigg doesn't pick up anything -- the immediate area, at least, is safe.

Herazian gasps: "You can't kill me. I will be back. You. are not. Of earth. I will. have revenge."

Old 03-19-2015, 02:01 PM   #208
the_matrix_walker

"Did you want to question him before I finish it?" Ward asks his colleagues as he slices Herazian again, and plans to switch to the Resplendian's neck and sever his head if they are done with him... He suspects Herazian will turn to mist or goo or simply vanish when this form is slain, but he hopes that will not happen and he will be able to present his head to the UN...
Old 03-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #209
LemmingLord

Bigg is a Sasquatch of too few words for questions so he looks to Babushka, who has far better questions (and people skills) than he.

When questioning is done, Bigg wants to give Herzian a raspberry and and a zerbit and any "neener" expressions he can think to give.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:47 AM   #210
Poonbahbah

As soon as Baba Yaga can see Herazian through a window in Hut she attempts to lay an illusion on him. She doesn't plan on coming out. There's no real need and it's cold out there.

She lets Ward know that she does want to interrogate the respledian before he is finished.

The illusion is going to keep the real her from out of Herazian's view. It will also shift his perceptions of where the others are so that if he tries something he'll have a harder time of it. As the illusionary allies walk around she has a portal open up off in the distance high in the sky. From it emerges a great golden Dragon. In a graceful glide it lands a short distance away from Herazian. After a few steps it looms over him and gives out a distasteful snort. It seems to project into his mind, "I may not be easily able to kill you little Resplendian, but I will put in the effort if you choose to continue to threaten my Domain. Play elsewhere with toys that belong to you. I like this world the way it is. And I AM of this world. I do not plan on leaving anytime soon. If you come here again I will keep you. And eventually I may break you and you would be free of me but that would not be for a long long time. After all there are worse things than death." It than proceeds to almost gently and delicately pluck out his eyes, with stigmata. After everything goes dark on him he hears the sounds of wings flapping and feels the presence of the Dragon departing.

As the illusion plays out she asks Ward what Herazian is thinking. After it's finished she finds out for herself. After she gets into his mind she proceeds to probe it. Trying to find out why he choose this world in particular, who helped him, and anything else that seems like a good idea. Suggestions on what to probe about welcome. Once finished she lets Ward know.

Tags
god slayers