Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #131
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: God Slayers [IC]

OCC: except for the part where you can take 5 HP*2 level wounds, break (but survive) and be at 5 HP/2 wounds a second later, no longer broken -- you just survived 10*HP damage and regenerated most of it! It's powerful against many smaller wounds and weak against one large one -- which is what the whole system is designed to do. I hadn't noticed the very fast healing though. I'll let that count as 3 levels/second.

Herazian warps away, but not before Avatar sinks his blade into the god's flesh twice. The energy blast is aborted, a small impact raising a cloud of snow at Herazians new location.

2d *2.25 = 6*2.25 = 13.5
2d *2.25 = 6*2.25 = 27

The first blow is low, through a kidney and not what Avatar had hoped for (13.5 - 10/10) *3 = 37.5 (HP/4)
The second blow is perfect, through the heart. (27 - 10/10) *3 = 79 (HP/2)

200 yards away, Herazian drops to the ground, staining the ice red with his blood. He's still alive, and he seems to be struggling to stay conscious. (he failed the knock down roll).

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #132
the_matrix_walker

The Avatar charges the Resplendian's position, as the Shadow uses the illusion of a stretch of road to give him the best possible footing... and then moves the whole road along to add to his speed! (Avatar Move 21 + Shadow's TK acceleration)

((Unless this all seems less efficient than the Shadow simply picking him up and moving him at the TK speed of 40))

Doing whatever it takes to get back into range to finish Herazian off!

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 12-08-2014 at 02:33 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:15 PM   #133
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Avatar charges Herazian at a breakneck speed, and the road effectively triples his speed. With just a few yards left(17, after 3 seconds), Herazian appears to recover at least some of his senses, and vanishes.

Ward may make one action before he warps away, but if its an attack it must be made at 17 yards (-5 range) and as a move and attack (-2).

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #134
the_matrix_walker

The avatar lashes out, hurling his sword which becomes a spear as it leaves his hand and flies for the would be god... 3d6=7

((Can I use Extra Effort to add Increased Half Damage range? If so I do, if not, it's beyond 10 yards so half damage))
Old 12-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #135
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

20-5(range)-2(move and attack) = 13 vs 7 -- hit.
1d = 4 -- no vitals.
2d*2.25 = 8 *2.25 =(18 -1)*2 = 34 = HP/4

The spear hits Herazian, but he is able to focus for long enough to vanish. If they still want blood, they certainly have a lot of it though.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #136
the_matrix_walker

Ward informs his colleagues that Hearzian has fled once again, and will probably be gone longer this time, as he was able to inflict significant damage to the Resplendian.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #137
Poonbahbah

After running the numbers through her head Baba will recommend putting things with the highest odds at the top of the list of what to work on first. She also offers to pick up items from around the world to make things go smoother. Planes are so slow after all. Just probably need to make sure it's okay with the local government first if possible.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #138
LemmingLord

Bigfoot casts Detect Life for the resplenderificus flacideous. He will share his findings with the team, including whether he is on the run or staying in one place.

"What if..."

Bigfoot spins a nearby globe that might be handy.

"...visiting devinal priesters and get world wide funeral for all who died, sanctifying entire dirt....er.. Round...earth... Entire earth become weapon."
Old 12-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #139
the_matrix_walker

Ward reaffirms what he thinks is the best course of action.

"My weapon has proved quite effective. I think our best efforts would be to collaborate on a way to use our combined magical knowledge to deny him his teleportation ability."
Old 12-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #140
LemmingLord

Bigfoot uses a claw to write in midair to help him go through his mental categories of magical plants and animals he's been putting together these last 500 years or so...

Most creatures who could naturally teleport long since teleported from easy reach of humans...and so too any natural predators of these creatures... Wasn't there an asp of antiquity whose poison prevented flash moles from blinking to their holes? It had been so long.. Maybe that was just wishful thinking.

Last edited by LemmingLord; 12-10-2014 at 04:01 PM.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
god slayers