Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #21
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Choir Names

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
If the entire line got onto the main top-10 list, now... O:>
If the entire line was on the top-twenty list (since there are more than ten IN titles on e23), then we wouldn't need to bribe anyone with the interest from the money on deposit with them.

Ah, well. Too bad I have neither the money nor the writing/artwork/editing staff to make it worthwhile to try offering to buy a sublicence for IN from SJGames, which I suspect would be an easier "sell"...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #22
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
If the entire line was on the top-twenty list (since there are more than ten IN titles on e23), then we wouldn't need to bribe anyone with the interest from the money on deposit with them.

Ah, well. Too bad I have neither the money nor the writing/artwork/editing staff to make it worthwhile to try offering to buy a sublicence for IN from SJGames, which I suspect would be an easier "sell"...
Meanwhile, don't forget to talk up IN on Facebook when you get a chance, too, to help those sales. Here's the link to the SJG page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ste...6629462?ref=ts

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #23
tbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
It would certainly be interesting, but that sort of financial experiment isn't something that I'd be authorized to suggest at all. You might want to talk about it in the... *beth pauses and reads forum descriptions* ...probably the SJ Games Discussion forum, spread out more generally.

I suspect that the issues involved in holding the money temporarily and maybe having to pay it back... would be kind of logistically and/or legally complicated, and might not be a good use of staff time.

If the entire line got onto the main top-10 list, now... O:>
So now that the Ogre reprint got funded this way, might it be time to revisit the idea?

I'd happily kickstarter some money in SJGames direction for some In Nomine goodness.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #24
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

We would probably have to wait till after the Car Wars Kickstarter, but the thought, it has seriously crossed my mind.

The other question is, what would people want as the basics of their Kickstarter? A revised core rules (possibly along the lines of the 3d6IN that started life as a GIN Ultra-Lite and quickly pitched everything but "3d6" out the window)? More supplements? It would be tempting to have a core rules revamp as the "baseline" and supplements as stretch-goals, but that might not appeal to the people who aren't very interested in changing the rules (I am kinda fond of 3d6IN now, I admit, but I am also fine with the current rules and their quirks) -- but who are interested in supplements. The 3d6IN might be better done as a stretch-goal itself. (Or a supplement itself! Official Alternate Ruleset...)

Though there was apparently a lot of success with using surveys for stretch-goals -- perhaps a list of Options would work in such a case... (Mmm, options. Have I got options! Dear gods, I've got options.)

Mind, the other issue is that most supplements are ones that require authors. I have very few that I could point and say, "You! Supplement! Now!" The ones that could be done in-house would probably be In Nomine Historical (concept: historical skills, 2-page spreads of Superiors as per the core rules, options for changing out skills on the character sheet so you can say, "no, it's been so long since Noriel rode a horse that it's forgotten how; it drives a motorcycle great, though!" Proposed author: me. *sob*), Superiors: Jean (if I can gnaw on my spouse's leg enough to make him write what I know is in his head...), or 3d6IN (concept: EITHER revamp core rules to the 3d6IN stuff roughly as suggested on the forums here; see if there's any way to reorganize the core rules, if only a little, to be a bit less wonky -- or at least channel the wonkiness with very clear p. 00 pointers OR a 3d6IN supplement that only addresses Things That Change. Author: me. *eek*).

I might be able to get a minor Superior or a revamp of the APG as well.

Anything else... requires an author, which requires someone with time and interest and skill.

Just something to think about.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #25
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Beth, if SJG starts on any of this, I am *so* in.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #26
tbug

I'm not really interested in a whole new rules set. I'm much more interested in the grigori or Eli or the minor choirs of angels or the archangel of Death or other new information.

Rules changes are pretty low on my priority list, but I'd certainly pay for the other two options you mentioned!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #27
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbug View Post
I'm not really interested in a whole new rules set. I'm much more interested in the grigori or Eli or the minor choirs of angels or the archangel of Death or other new information.

Rules changes are pretty low on my priority list, but I'd certainly pay for the other two options you mentioned!
Agreed.

I had been using my own house rules for the Grigori. I'm pretty enamoured with them.

But a collection of the Superior write ups would rock, including the minors and the lost ones. More information on Heaven and Hell, the Upper Heavens and Lower Hells. You know there are a few out there who would love to go there.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #28
tbug

I like the idea about the higher heavens and lower hells. The one adventure set in a lower hell didn't seem different enough for my tastes, and I'd love more!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #29
Jason

I'd be most excited for more superiors supplements or expanded grigori/minor choir material, but I will pay for pretty much any new content.

Personally, I'm not much interested in only seeing a revised rule set. From a business perspective, however, I could see some sense in using Kickstarter to "relaunch" the series into something that would be easier to get new players into (i.e., an easier-to-read book that doesn't necessarily just reproduce what's in GIN). I actually rather like the new supplements' approach, though, with stats in both the original core rules and in GURPS.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #30
Acolyte

This fills me with wild excitement.

I would be most interested in hitting up the Superiors that don't have their own books yet, and other Supplements, but that ex-GULIN IN3d6 idea is also pretty attractive.

I'd pitch in all over the place.

Tags
meta