Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Matthias Wasser

Default 666 Habbalah Heresies

1. God put me here to punish the wicked.

2. God put me here to minister to the wicked, and to ease their suffering by teaching them to approach their sensations at remove, like I do.

3. God has turned Her back on this world. Only when the cries of the meek and innocent reach a shout will She turn back to set it right again, and when She does, I am doomed. This is the sacrifice I make.

4. God is maximally good by definition. And God grounds existence. But something which triumphs over evil is better than that which does not, and that which triumphs over even more evil is even better than that. So we must work to realize a maximum of evil for anything to exist at all.

5. (empirical proof) Good must triumph over evil. In 100% of observed cases the strong have triumphed over the weak. So strength must be good and weakness evil.

6. (logical proof) God is infinitely powerful and infinitely good. But by the doctrine of divine simplicity all of God’s attributes are equivalent to each other. So power is goodness and the lack of one is the lack of the other.

7. As an Elohite I have the power to sense the emotions of others. Recently I have observed many people spontaneously in the throes of passions that predispose them to my goals. I must be in divine favor.

8. Several Archangels, such as Vapula and Fleurity, have testified that Habbalah are angels.

9. Name me one Power whose wings went black at the Fall. Seriously. Name me one.

10. When I empty myself of passion I have the unshakeable intuition that I am in rebellion against the Symphony. So conformity to Its will must consist of living out deep passions as they arise.

11. Many arguments have been offered as to why we are angels. Statistically at least one of them must be right.
Matthias Wasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Acolyte

Default Re: 666 Habbalah Heresies

Quote:
8. Several Archangels, such as Vapula and Fleurity, have testified that Habbalah are angels.
I think this semi-tautology is my favorite, but all of these are pretty good. A few more:

12. According to the Book of Revelation, only 144,000 human souls will be accepted by God at the End Times. I will spend my immortal life in search of this select group, but there are billions of humans, the vast majority of whom will fail my tests. (for ex-Elohim of Faith, Judgment, Purity, and/or the Sword)

13. My Demon Prince might have arranged my Forces, but like all the Symphony I'm only here because God allowed my creation. If God didn't want me doing this work, I wouldn't have been allowed to be made this way.

14. Inside every human is an immortal soul, a purer being that will, though death, come to the fore. Inside every Elohite is a purer being, a Habbalite, and it too will inevitably come to the fore.

15. I've seen a lot of humans in the throes of religious passion, and that passion has made them alternatively wrathful, lustful, ecstatic, and obsessed. I can only conclude that God is a Habbalite, applying Its resonance to every being in existence. When Belial rages, when Novalis worries, when I experience any emotion, that's God's Will, and who are we to try to resist the impulses that are the Will of God?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Phoenix42

I like 6 and 12 particularly... nice stuff! :)

16. God has left the Heavens, and waits for the worthy to redeem creation in order to bring about his return.

17. What is more likely: That God's favourite, the Archangel of Light no less, should choose to defy him, and be cast out of Heaven as a result; or that he was prepared to do God's bidding and cull the failed parts of humanity after Eden, and was cut down by those Superiors that stood something to gain by weak souls joining their realms?

18. (reformulation of 17). Lucifer is doing God's bidding, and I am doing Lucifer's bidding in exposing the frailties of humanity to the Symphony. (particularly good for fallen Elohim of Stone)

19. God is a prisoner of the upstart Archangels in what they call the "Higher Heavens". Why has no angel or soul gone there and returned? Because they are imprisoned along with their Maker once they wish to see the Divine Truth.

20. Uriel, whose word was so close to that of Lucifer, came close to finding out the truth and was similarly dealt with, e.g. imprisoned (see above).

21. The Light of Heaven burns those in service to Lucifer when they enter Heaven. But if we were outcasts, why would God not burn us wherever we were? Therefore, since it is finite in its power, the Light of Heaven is also finite and therefore not of God; it is merely a powerful tool of the impostor Superiors to defend against the inevitable onslaught of God's true servants.
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Matthias Wasser

22. In Christ Jesus the Law is abolished. Those who trust utterly in God's grace will be reborn in the new heaven and new earth when they come, but those who mock His free offer of redemption by clinging to the obsolete dispensation of Morality are due the full outpouring of His Wrath.

23. To remain pure, Heaven must choose to condemn our work; for Heaven's mission to be accomplished, we must carry it out. Disobedience is the true loyalty.

24. The task of the Host was to make the world, a beautiful world where men and women could play and explore and choose between good and evil. That has been done; we are now in the Age of Reward, as much as any human who has reached her destiny.
Matthias Wasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
habbalah