Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
malott72

Default New Cheat Idea

Obviously the cheats are amazing.. the bookmarks and the iphone boons. Here's another idea.. How about being able to use the miniatures during your Munchkin adventure? If you buy a miniature you can use its class or race or both during the game. I want to buy a miniature (I'm sure I will anyways) but it would be pretty tricky if you can use it as well as show it off to fellow Munchkin nerds lol.
malott72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #2
darksaba

Default Re: New Cheat Idea

That sounds impratical, how many different minitures would they have to make, are they just going to be for original munchkin, or do they have to make a load for every expanision. How would it effect things like Curse: Lose your class/race?
Now there are these but they don't come with any specail powers apart from making you look cool.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:42 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

I don't see things like the iPhone app boons and bookmarks as "cheats," they're just in-game abilities. Yes, some of them override the rules, but many cards do that, so that would mean many cards are cheats, too, using that terminology. Calling them cheats somehow makes it seem like using them is illegal, to me, and of course it's quite legal to use them. Anyway, that's not all that important.

As for the idea, itself, some minis exist, but only 6, so that limits you severely at the moment. I won't speculate on the idea of future minis, as that's a marketing decision. If there were greater variety, this could be interesting. If you're talking about giving yourself a Class and Race that you can't lose, this is an idea you can implement now by having every player pick one of each at the start of the game, and then taking those cards before shuffling. However, that becomes discussion for the house rules thread, where I think some similar idea was already proposed there.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
Quaff_fu

You can always pay to have your own minatures made, http://www.shapeways.com/themes/miniatures .

Pat
Old 01-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
malott72

Well that's what I meant.. the six that are already for sale. Yea that would be rediculous if they had to make a bunch more statues for my idea. I just thought it would be a fun addition to the miniatures they have out now. I know they aren't really cheats; I just didn't know the correct terminology for something that helps you and no one else.. Sorry.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
MunchkinMan

No need to apologize, really, I was just initially confused about what you were referring to because of the topic. Things like the bookmarks and coins are typically called promotional items, or promo items for short. The iPhone Level counter, well, that's just a level counter. I'm not sure what else to call it that would sound fancier. But, some in-game rules for the minis would be interesting. I don't think anything was ever made for them, at least not in the card game. I remember, vaguely, some rules in the Munchkin RPG. . .
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
malott72

Maybe we can call them "helpers" lol. The iphone app has the boons that help sometimes. I was just hoping to add on something kinda like if you buy a shirt; you can technically use it in battle. It would help sell more miniatures too!

Tags
miniatures, suggestions