Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #31
eclipsek

Default Re: GURPS Magic: Plant Spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoboy View Post
You know it's kind of funny. Fungi are more closely related to animals than to plants, but in most schools, if you want to study fungi, you do so through the Botany Department.
Curious - in my university they stuck the fungi folks in Micro but have them sub in for plant stuff when needed.

I like the definition the plant pathologists at my work used to explain to management why their lab couldn't get moved into our wing.

"Are you kidding we specialize in killing plants - why on earth would we want to be put with the folks who specialize in killing fungus."

:)

PS: I love the plant college book to death, and have been using the crap out of it since the playtest. It helps that I have a mage player that is obsessed with the idea of making some sort of giant walking tree that she can hide in. I am looking forward to seeing more e23 magic college books in the future (esp. illusion)

Last edited by eclipsek; 11-09-2010 at 05:29 PM.
eclipsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:08 PM   #32
Talisar

Default Re: GURPS Magic: Plant Spells

Five years later, I have a question about one of the spells.

The delightfully-named "Green Death" is listed as having a casting time of 30 seconds.

Is that a typo?

Most spells of this sort generally have shorter casting times (closer to 3 seconds than 30). Rotting Death, the Necromantic college equivalent is cast in 1 second.

I realize a GM is free to modify anything that seems out-of-kilter, but I was curious what the justification was for this spell having a 30 second casting time (if it's not a typo).
Talisar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic, plant spells