Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-02-2018, 10:52 PM   #51
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Yes, poor thing."
This makes Ryuki quiet for a long time, and neither warrior angel steps in to fill the awkward silence. "I am not dumbstruck very often. I did not expect that from you."

Kyle chuffs, just for a second, and resumes eating.

"I remember the first time I saw Mitch. I got invited to the Bats Day market because...well, sort of invited myself...I'd heard that an old associate was going to summon angels. A con, of course." Bats Day scene the last Bats Day
He sips at his drink. "But much of magic is. So it all goes to hell, and someone has summoned The Baron, and this 'little'," he does air quotes, "impudite who had been tormenting Corey had ticked me off, and Mitch here suggests I let him have it. So I let him have it, banish on the spot. The trick was he was a lot bigger and better defended than I took him for. A lot. Physically knocked the wind out of me. Life's gentle reminder to size up an opponent before hitting him. Not that I often remember in the heat of the moment, but I'm gifted with a rock-solid defense. I hear that's a Creative thing, which really doesn't make sense to me."
Old 05-03-2018, 05:09 PM   #52
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
This makes Ryuki quiet for a long time, and neither warrior angel steps in to fill the awkward silence. "I am not dumbstruck very often. I did not expect that from you."
"No? Why not?"

Quote:
"I remember the first time I saw Mitch. I got invited to the Bats Day market because...well, sort of invited myself...I'd heard that an old associate was going to summon angels. A con, of course."
He sips at his drink. "But much of magic is. So it all goes to hell, and someone has summoned The Baron, and this 'little'," he does air quotes, "impudite who had been tormenting Corey had ticked me off, and Mitch here suggests I let him have it. So I let him have it, banish on the spot. The trick was he was a lot bigger and better defended than I took him for. A lot. Physically knocked the wind out of me. Life's gentle reminder to size up an opponent before hitting him. Not that I often remember in the heat of the moment, but I'm gifted with a rock-solid defense. I hear that's a Creative thing, which really doesn't make sense to me."
Sunae shrugs

"I couldn't tell you. Fire, I probably could. Anyone else, I don't even bother to try."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:48 AM   #53
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"No? Why not?."
"You're a soldier, through and through, black and white, friend or enemy, often mistaken for a Malakite. Mercy towards someone who can show you none, who is an ethereal...I did not see that coming."

Kyle raises an eyebrow but won't let on why.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-06-2018 at 03:47 AM. Reason: silly me trying to post from a phone
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:28 AM   #54
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"You're a soldier, through and through, black and white, friend or enemy, often mistaken for a Malakite. Mercy towards someone who can show you none, who is an ethereal...I did not see that coming."
Sunae leans over and gives him a tender kiss on the cheek.

"You're so sweet."

She nuzzles him for a moment before pulling away. She takes a deep breath as she pushes her bottle of beer away.

"I think I have had a bit more than I expected. Sorry about that."

She takes another breath before answering

"First off, I cannot for the life of me, understand how anyone with half a brain would think I could be a Malakite."

"Second...I know her story and I understand she is acting according to her nature. More than that, she is not an active threat and she has her use."

Sunae shrugs

"Remember, good or bad, my family follows the old ways."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 05-06-2018 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:50 AM   #55
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae shrugs

"Remember, good or bad, my family follows the old ways."
He lets that lie--firmly, deliberately, and with as little ambiguity as his silence will allow.

Quote:
Sunae leans over and gives him a tender kiss on the cheek.

"You're so sweet."

She nuzzles him for a moment before pulling away. She takes a deep breath as she pushes her bottle of beer away.

"I think I have had a bit more than I expected. Sorry about that."
"Nothing to be sorry for." He reaches a hand across her shoulders, gently tugging her towards himself. He will back off at the slightest resistance; he knows the move is rather forward.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #56
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Nothing to be sorry for." He reaches a hand across her shoulders, gently tugging her towards himself. He will back off at the slightest resistance; he knows the move is rather forward.
She does resist a little bit, only enough for her to move her chair closer to him and allow her to comfortably rest her head on his shoulder. She has one arm around his back with hie hand resting on his side.

"I like your cologne."
Old 05-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #57
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
She does resist a little bit, only enough for her to move her chair closer to him and allow her to comfortably rest her head on his shoulder. She has one arm around his back with hie hand resting on his side.

"I like your cologne."
He turns his head and snuffles her hair, taking advantage of their difference in height. His other hand covers hers, inviting it to stay on his side awhile longer. Then he stares at the two angels, daring them. A silent conversation crosses the table between he and Corat, but its meaning is clear enough.

Corat stops chewing and stares. You were not going to do this. You had plans.

Had. Too late.

The look

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-07-2018 at 05:20 PM. Reason: trying to get the right look
Old 05-08-2018, 08:51 PM   #58
ladyarcana55

Sunae rests her head against his shoulder. She is content. Although she appears to be dozing off, she is alert. If anything attracts her attention, she will immediately open her eyes and assess the possible threat.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #59
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae rests her head against his shoulder. She is content. Although she appears to be dozing off, she is alert. If anything attracts her attention, she will immediately open her eyes and assess the possible threat.
When looks across the table fail to get his message across, Ryuki mutters to Corat, "I wish you spoke Latin."

"Tu ergo priuatimue de ea loqui?" Kyle is apparently fluent. Not just a dumb lunk, as if anyone thought he was. He's also mildly sarcastic.
So you could talk privately about her?

"You love her..." Corat's tone of voice is ambiguously between a question and a statement.

"No." He pauses, struggling with words. "Ipse emit familia mea, ut servi, si ego dabo illis verdes--verbis."
He bought my family as the servants of, if I give them the green--(oops)--words

"Your grammar is terrible. Unless I heard you wrong, he can't be that bad."

"You haven't met him."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-10-2018 at 01:22 PM. Reason: so the translation does not go to email
Old 05-10-2018, 03:44 PM   #60
ladyarcana55

Sunae opens her eyes and looks at Ryuki then at Corat. She straightens herself, stretches and gets up. She does not appear to have heard the exchange between Ryuki and Corat. Either that or she is ignoring it completely.

"I'll be back." She looks around briefly before asking a passing waittress, "Where's the restroom?"

As soon as she gets her answer, Sunae heads off.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 05-10-2018 at 06:37 PM.