Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-18-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default The Hand of Asgard for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG

Gaming Ballistic is thrilled to announce yet another product approved for the Noršlond Setting: The Hand of Asgard.

This one will be ready in time to be included in the Noršlond Sagas Kickstarter as an add-on!

The Gods of Noršlond—The Aesir—are more than just mythological, ineffable entities: they walk among the people of the world, offering their wisdom and might to those they find worthy. This book offers detailed information on the denizens of Asgard, the divine realm worshipped by the people of Noršlond and its surrounding regions.

The book presents additional options and guidelines presented for Clerics who choose to devote themselves to the worship of just one instead of the pantheon as a whole. Also included are more than twenty new Holy Might abilities available for Asgardian Clerics and Holy Warriors to bring the word . . . or the sword . . . to those that need it.

The book is 16 pages long, in 8x10 format, in full color. Written by Kevin Smyth, who just couldn't stop writing after we put the bug in his ear with Noršlondr Fólk.

As an add-on, it will be $5 PDF, $10 Print-only, or $13 Print + PDF. If you want it, simply adjust your pledge. This book will print and ship together with the rest. No waiting!

For Asgard!
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:18 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: The Hand of Asgard for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG

Looks good!
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #3
b-dog

This book really interesting and useful. I have been interested in having clerics that worship different gods and the powers, holy symbols and spell lists that each different “Norse” god might give. I am much more interested in supporting this Kickstarter now.

The Dungeon Fantasy genre has hippie religions that all get along as long as they are good. “ Like wow man you worship Zeus and I worship Odin but since we are both good peace-out man.” Of course religión never seems to work that way in real life to me. It seems that a tiny difference in belief leads to endless war. I would really like to have rules for a monotheistic faith along the the lines where they consider other clerics who worship different gods to be in league with the Devil even though they are good.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #4
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
This book really interesting and useful. I have been interested in having clerics that worship different gods and the powers, holy symbols and spell lists that each different “Norse” god might give. I am much more interested in supporting this Kickstarter now.

The Dungeon Fantasy genre has hippie religions that all get along as long as they are good. “ Like wow man you worship Zeus and I worship Odin but since we are both good peace-out man.” Of course religión never seems to work that way in real life to me. It seems that a tiny difference in belief leads to endless war. I would really like to have rules for a monotheistic faith along the the lines where they consider other clerics who worship different gods to be in league with the Devil even though they are good.
Intolerance (Other Religions) has you covered there. If one really wants to get thrown out of a gaming group for being "that guy," toss in a Vow to persecute or be belligerent to (All other Religions).

But really, the rules for that are there. I'll even say Kevin and I have already scripted a short bit in the introduction talking about polytheism and what it means in the case of the Asgardian pantheon.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
Anders

Will there be an option to worship drunk, fat, space-faring Thor?
Old 09-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #6
b-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Intolerance (Other Religions) has you covered there. If one really wants to get thrown out of a gaming group for being "that guy," toss in a Vow to persecute or be belligerent to (All other Religions).

But really, the rules for that are there. I'll even say Kevin and I have already scripted a short bit in the introduction talking about polytheism and what it means in the case of the Asgardian pantheon.
I don’t mean to have a monotheistic religion in this book, just that I would like one in future books. Maybe a monotheistic religion could spread to the Nordlands and deem that the old gods to be false and likely in league with the Devil? The monotheistic religion could cleanse areas of the old faith and turn the faerie and drain mana and maybe hold Dominion over the land where they are the highest power?

The setting I have is sort of like the World of Darkness where there is a monotheistic religion that rules the land and the PCs want to find magic and powers from the old faiths but they are fearful to show those powers out n the open. Wizards and priests of the old faiths greatly fear being caught so they operate in secret. They don’t want the powers that be to know they are Dungeon delving.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #7
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Gaming Ballistic is thrilled to announce yet another product approved for the Noršlond Setting: The Hand of Asgard.

This one will be ready in time to be included in the Noršlond Sagas Kickstarter as an add-on!
Don't you already have enough of my money! Fine! You can have 13$ more...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:45 PM   #8
LokRobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Don't you already have enough of my money! Fine! You can have 13$ more...
+1
Just added tonight :)

Looking forward to this !
Old 09-20-2019, 10:14 AM   #9
Dalin

Quote:
The book presents additional options and guidelines presented for Clerics who choose to devote themselves to the worship of just one instead of the pantheon as a whole. Also included are more than twenty new Holy Might abilities available for Asgardian Clerics and Holy Warriors to bring the word . . . or the sword . . . to those that need it.
I'm pinching myself. I love all these products coming down the pipes. Not long ago, I worried that I had burned a lot of my own (and my school's) $$$ on a game that would die off rapidly. Now there are books galore... new monsters, new magic items, new adventures, a setting, random village generators, a deities book! This is entirely awesome.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:22 AM   #10
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I'm pinching myself. I love all these products coming down the pipes. Not long ago, I worried that I had burned a lot of my own (and my school's) $$$ on a game that would die off rapidly. Now there are books galore... new monsters, new magic items, new adventures, a setting, random village generators, a deities book! This is entirely awesome.
Nothing says "this is great stuff" like sharing the campaign and links with all your friends. :-)